I live in New York City and their is Wifi Everywhere but its all password so unless you go everywhere and set up your wifi for all thsoe HOT SPOTS there is no way your on wifi all the time bro. Impossible I bet you never even used WI FI.
    Wrong, You demonstrate to the world how little you know!

Not here in Chi-town. Sears tower open and free, Mc donalds same!!

Many many more,just on the short ride to the train.

Not my fault you bought the wrong phone!! LOL at u.

Lots of open net all over. Don't have to set up anything on open net, just connect.

FYI, wep is like no security at all.
    Can't we all just get along...

Do not make me ground the two of you!

I will turn this forum around and we will go home...do you understand?

Ok, that being said...Wi-Fi is open and secure, just depends on where you go.

Some places want their customers to pay for it, others want their customers to enjoy it (free access).

lets all be friends

ps. to each his/her own on the curve. I like mine, maybe not yours... who knows.

msblueline
    Last edited by msbluelline; 03-18-08 at 07:56 PM.
    03-18-08 07:53 PM
    Can't we all just get along...

Do not make me ground the two of you!

I will turn this forum around and we will go home...do you understand?

Ok, that being said...Wi-Fi is open and secure, just depends on where you go.

Some places want their customers to pay for it, others want their customers to enjoy it (free access).

lets all be friends

ps. to each his/her own on the curve. I like mine, maybe not yours... who knows.

msblueline
    he he good!! He started it anyway!!!
    03-18-08 07:57 PM
    No love lost I just call them like I see em.. Everyone Knows NYC is the biggest and best city chicago fell off in the 40's
    03-19-08 09:16 AM
    The best Curve is the one you have on you when you need it!!!
    03-19-08 09:35 AM
    Does anyone know if you are able to get into Wells Fargo Home page in order to check your accounts with the Curve?

I had tried out the Pearl with Verizon and wasn't able to. Didn't know if this was the same with ATT or T-mob.

I tried this also with the Treo and was able to check my accounts.

Thanks for your help!
    03-19-08 09:45 AM
    03-19-08 12:04 PM
    I prefer my 8310 bc of the GPS. I live in NYC too & I doubt I'd ever use the Wi-Fi - even if I had it.

I get lost as soon as I leave the city so GPS is a plus!
    03-19-08 12:07 PM
    The best Curve is the one you have on you when you need it!!!
    Exactly!!!!
    03-19-08 06:39 PM
    Yeah since i've ready i'd say the 8320 since I can make free calls from my home or any hotspot location.. I have no use for gps since I have a GPS nav system..
    03-19-08 06:50 PM
    The best curve is the one with GPS and Wifi.

Unfortunately, RIM decided not to release it.. AAAAAARRRRHHH
    03-19-08 06:56 PM
    So let me get this straight. Free UMA phone calls and increased speeds over Wi-Fi are not important? Also that little 1" Freedom GPS keychain that connects through bluetooth gives you full GPS. Even without full GPS the google maps gives you your location within a few blocks by cell tower location.

The winner? 8320 all the way.
    03-19-08 07:38 PM
    since you asked i must tell 8320 is the APEX of all curves!!!!!!!!!!
    03-19-08 10:56 PM
    The best curve is the one with GPS and Wifi.

Unfortunately, RIM decided not to release it.. AAAAAARRRRHHH
    I know that is really a bummer. But I use the GPS more than wi fi, so that is why I went with the 10. With att I could not use the wi fi for calling so it's not that big of deal
    03-19-08 11:14 PM
    Thank you....geez.....finally some love for the device that started it all.....go 8300....lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-08 12:30 AM
    No love lost I just call them like I see em.. Everyone Knows NYC is the biggest and best city chicago fell off in the 40's
    LMFAO!! he he Epstein!!!! You wish. Take a lesson grasshopper!

Mr Kot `ter is calling you back to class!!!
    03-26-08 07:39 PM
    it depends on what the person needs.

if you need wifi, then the 8320. if you need GPS then 8310 and 8330

since i dont need any of those, im good with my 8300 lol

I love my 8320 with the @home service. And I am going to order the GPS keychain so I can have the best of both worlds..
    03-26-08 07:41 PM
    We are taking 'bout BlackBerry's.

Which model does Mike Lazaridis carry?

...8320 Curve with Wi-Fi ...
    That pretty well sums it up for me.

Let that "other guy" commit to 10 Million 3G phones, the smart money is on UMA.
    03-26-08 11:59 PM
    I live in New York City and their is Wifi Everywhere but its all password so unless you go everywhere and set up your wifi for all thsoe HOT SPOTS there is no way your on wifi all the time bro. Impossible I bet you never even used WI FI.
    Might I add that... 'admin' is the password to a lot of the password protected WiFi spots and I've tried it and worked. The ones w/ the 'super dupa mega' encryptions... well I'm not that good.
    03-27-08 12:08 AM
    Get the 8820 and be happy with both worlds. Who needs a camera... Canon 5MP will do better :-)
    03-27-08 12:09 AM
    Get the 8820 and be happy with both worlds. Who needs a camera... Canon 5MP will do better :-)
    Man I have seriously thought about buying an 8820 for the WiFi and GPS. Then I wondered to myself, without the ability for streaming video what would you be downloading on 802.11 besides browsing pages faster?

But as you say about the camera I keep looking at my wallet and then back and forth to eBay at 8820s. Damnit I shouldn't buy one grrr but it looks so sexy
    03-27-08 04:54 AM
    8310 Rocks!!! :d
    03-28-08 10:06 PM

03-28-08 10:44 PM
    I have the 8320 and I LOVE it! No gps but I have google maps, bb maps and also a tom tom so I'm good on the gps so the 8320 is the best in my opinion

03-29-08 08:45 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD