Hi. I'm sure this question has been asked before, but when I tried to search for 'browser' I got over 500 results and I couldn't find my question. So my question is, What is the best browser to surf the web? I've used the built-in browser and it doesn't render pages too pretty. Is there a browser that renders pages as nicely as an iPhone browser does? Sorry for such a n00b question.

I have an 8800 for work, and an 8310 for my personal phone - both on at&t.
    12-17-08 06:40 AM
    You really have only 3 choices.
    1) The default browser
    2) Opera Mini which many people speak highly of (I have no idea why)
    3) Upgrade to OS 4.5 on the 8310 and the browser will be much
    better.
    12-17-08 06:48 AM
    Opera does a much better job rendering webpages and it does it faster. My only gripe with it is you cannot (copy&)paste into the address bar. So if someone sends you a link you have to manually enter it to view in Opera, clicking it opens it in the default browser. If I am wrong on that someone please clue me in.
    12-17-08 06:48 AM
    The look of the iPhone's Safari browser is pretty tough to beat.
    The native browser (IMO) is best "IF" running os 4.5. It stunk on 4.2 and 4.3. To find your os go to options about. Another option is Opera Mini.http://www.operamini.com/download/ A lot of people like it. I was never a fan. Give it a try.
    12-17-08 06:52 AM
    Opera does a much better job rendering webpages and it does it faster. My only gripe with it is you cannot (copy&)paste into the address bar. So if someone sends you a link you have to manually enter it to view in Opera, clicking it opens it in the default browser. If I am wrong on that someone please clue me in.
    I actually had a post about this the other day, and apparently you CAN copy/paste in Opera Mini. All you have to do is go to Settings > and then uncheck Auto-complete address input and save your changes. This will bring up "an entire screen" to enter in the address (as opposed to that tiny little address bar) and allow for you to copy/paste. Try it. It worked for me.

Thanks again to the person who responded to my original post.
    12-17-08 07:10 AM
    Thanks for the tips, everyone. I'll check out Opera. As for upgrading the OS, are there any other major advantages, or any problems, going from 4.2.x.x (which both currently have) to the newest?
    12-17-08 07:20 AM
    Upgrading will get you HTML email (not just jumbled links), A better
    browser, ability to view YouTube videos, Video Recording, a much
    better Voice Note Recorder (no 15 sec limit), a better calendar and
    so much more.
    12-17-08 07:39 AM
    I love Opera Mini however my only prob with BB in general is that you can't set a default browser. If you click on links from other applications they all open up in you default browser AFAIK. I am running OS 4.3 so I haven't seen the upgraded default browser yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 07:44 AM
    I prefer the 4.5 native browser over Opera Mini...
    12-17-08 07:45 AM
    Ive never had the need for another browser, mine works just fine.
    12-17-08 07:46 AM
    Ditto. Once I went to 4.5 I deleted Opera and never looked back.
    12-17-08 07:47 AM
    The day I got my BB I installed a handful of apps including Google Mobile Tools, GMail, and Opera Mini.

I have discovered that I hardly ever use Opera Mini. The only real benefit for me was the ability to sync to regular Opera so that my speed dial pages and bookmarks were available on the 'berry.
    12-17-08 08:06 AM
    If the browser is configured correctly on 4.5, it's not bad at all...
    12-17-08 08:09 AM
    Sounds like a pretty convincing case to upgrade to 4.5
    12-17-08 08:17 AM
    BB is much better than Opera.

Google Mobile App is faster than BB but can't bookmark anything on a Berry.
    12-17-08 08:49 AM
    I'd like to upgrade to 4.5, just waiting for Sprint to release an official version. (Ya, right) Now I'm expecting a lot from the BB Browser. =)
    12-17-08 09:48 AM
    I'd like to upgrade to 4.5, just waiting for Sprint to release an official version. (Ya, right) Now I'm expecting a lot from the BB Browser. =)
    Why? Just get another carriers version. I am on 4.5.97 and loving it!
    12-17-08 09:56 AM
    Question about Opera...is there any way to change your view of the browser. I love how it loads pretty much the same as a computer browser, but when you zoom in with the rectangle thing I think it take me in to far. Why can't I zoom in and out to my prefered distance?
    12-17-08 10:04 AM
    I wonder if google Chrome will be available for 'berries? Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 10:08 AM
    Why? Just get another carriers version. I am on 4.5.97 and loving it!
    I may end up doing it, but I was trying to put a little faith in Sprint getting it out by the new year. I know they'll release it the day after I install another carrier's. Also, I've heard people have problems with speakphone, memory leaks, etc.
    12-17-08 10:43 AM
    I actually had a post about this the other day, and apparently you CAN copy/paste in Opera Mini. All you have to do is go to Settings > and then uncheck Auto-complete address input and save your changes. This will bring up "an entire screen" to enter in the address (as opposed to that tiny little address bar) and allow for you to copy/paste. Try it. It worked for me.

Thanks again to the person who responded to my original post.
    Awesome! thanks
    12-17-08 07:54 PM
    The BB browser to me I think is "Ok", but the Opera Mini is pretty cool, at least the pages look like a computer.

With that said, what is the latest OS I could use with Verizon that's compatible? I have the 4.5 I think but the browser kinda sucks to me.
    12-17-08 09:33 PM
    My guess is Firefox will be the best if it ever comes out
    12-17-08 09:34 PM
    Well I just want to know what the best OS is for me...
    12-17-08 09:41 PM
    Go to options>about. What OS are you running?
    12-17-08 09:46 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD