I have used many many BT headsets. I have always liked the Moto ones for ease of use. The H820, 850, 700 etc...but they werent that great for sound quality. I tried the Jawbone and the Voice Clarity is super. I still went back to my Moto H700 though. I LIKE that it DOESNT go in my ear. But im hooked on the flip design.

Your getting a call?? Headset in your change dish or pocket?? Grab it, open it and put on your ear. It turns on when you open it, connects to your phone, and answers the call. All without hitting a button. No need to put a headset on and then pressing and holding the power button 2 to 4 seconds to get it on, and then hope it connects the call in time. However, I wanted something louder in my ear but mostly one with great voice clarity like the Jawbone. Plus, with the ease of flipping...no need to keep on the ear and ON when not on a call....this saves battery power.

I finally have what I want. The Moto H710. Got it off newegg.com for $38 for the non retail OEM version when it was $100 on Motorola.com. Same great flip design. It is LOUD to me. Sometimes I have to turn it down. I must have listened to too much loud music, cause my hearing must be going down a little. Im cool with this one.

The main thing about it is the voice clarity. Moto finally got it on this design. After 4 trys or so. I have been driving 80mph with it raining quite a bit and they couldnt tell on the other end. I can now use my headset in noisy environments and not worry anymore. I now have something close to Jawbone quality WITHOUT having the earbud in my ear, the ease of the flip design and the volume that I need. The battery life is outstanding also. The first time I used it was 2 calls on a Wednesday night. I used it all day Thur, Fri, Sat...used some on Sunday while off work..used all day monday. Tue morning it gave the low battery beeb 2nd call.

Long rant...bored at work ftw
    01-10-09 11:35 AM
    The Jabra BT8040 has worked very well for me. Its very comfortable and stays in the ear despite not having an over the ear hook. It's not flashy but for casual use, it more than does the job well.
    01-10-09 11:47 AM
    I use the BlueAnt V1 and love it.
    01-10-09 12:50 PM
    I have used at least ten different bt's with my blackberries, and have settled on my Jawbone with the Jabra eargels....most excellent. And I can be heard anywhere I use it.
    01-10-09 02:26 PM
    when im out and about i use a Plantronics260 mostly just for the streaming music properties while im at the gym and everything its got the two ear buds wired together into a bluetooth controller for the music its got the mic and phone controls on it too i like it its got good sound quality and very comfortable and i dont like just the single ear piece thing when im at home i have a blueant m1 i love it great sound kan hear it from anywhere and stays connected to the curve throughout the whole house i defently keeps me entertaied
    01-10-09 02:32 PM
    Any suggestions as to which has the least "crackling" and best reception with variable body position and a modest range ?

My wife and I like the fit of the Jabra BT-250v, but both of us hate the amount of crackling static they get. This is mainly just minimal body position movements standing right beside it or in the car.

I like the in ear gels, but the crackling has to go.
    01-10-09 04:32 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD