Looking for some advice as to the best 4.5 OS for my wifes Verizon 8330. She is currently running 175 and isn't ready to make the jump to 5.0 and lose blackberry maps.

Thanks,
    Denis
    05-10-10 05:29 PM
    Other than 4.5.0.175 which she has, there is only 4.5.0.186 I believe. I have never used anything above 4.5.0.175 because I have always had trouble with Verizon and radio files. In fact, I run hybrids and use the .131 radio files with each OS I've ever run.

I wouldn't use anything else.
    Unless there is a hybrid that combine 4.6/5.0 files that allows access to maps still and DOES NOT corrupt your radio files...

I would be wary and slow to change if phone calls are clear right now...
    05-10-10 05:49 PM
    Sorry totally forgot to mention its .175 with .131 radio. Guess I will have to look into some of the older 4.5 hybrid posts or try .186 w/.131 radio.
    05-10-10 06:06 PM
    Check out Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Home of the Hybrids its got a 5.0 hybrid and bb maps/ google maps have been reported working on all carriers except verizon.
    However if you are on verizon BING maps works flawlessly and has been reported working.

Its got 5 minute boot times or less, threaded sms, great battery life and a ridiculously fast browser and 30mb of free device memory on first boot up.
    Seriously, bb maps isn't that great and if she can settle for using a different app for maps it is more then worth the update.
    Just remember if you do decide to update you have to use themes made for the 8500 series with 5.0 os, and its best to do the same when looking for apps.

If you have more questions feel free to pin me pin:31F8F344

There's a handy little tutorial on the site

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD