I have two BB 8330 phones - one for work and one personal. Both phones have the same programs, themes, etc. installed. My work BB uses BES service and personal BB uses BIS service.

My question is - BES BB has 89M of memory left and BIS BB has 29M of memory left. HOW CAN THIS BE? I'm running the same programs, themes, contacts, etc? I delete txt and emails that arrive on my personal BB unless there urgent (i have about 20 currently)

Anyone out there know?
    Thanks!
    01-06-10 08:44 AM
    My question is - BES BB has 89M of memory left and BIS BB has 29M of memory left. ...
    I think there is some confusion about the numbers you are seeing.

Your Curve 8330 has 96 Mb of memory. Older version of the OS software reported Available Memory at about 90 Mb and File Free Memory in the 20+ Mb range. The later version of device software have removed the confusing Available Memory, it is constant anyway.

01-06-10 09:38 AM
    I'm running the same version of OS software on both devices. What amount of MB should I keep available to ensure smooth running systems?
    01-06-10 10:09 AM
    I think there is some confusion about the numbers you are seeing.

Your Curve 8330 has 96 Mb of memory. Older version of the OS software reported Available Memory at about 90 Mb and File Free Memory in the 20+ Mb range. The later version of device software have removed the confusing Available Memory, it is constant anyway.

Nope, no confusion. Both are running the same OS and when reviewing the space available these are the comparisons. Anyone know why?
    01-08-10 09:12 AM
    You could use the Desktop Manager Application Loader Add/Remove Applications to see how much space each application is taking on each phone. (It won't automatically change anything.) Take screenshots of each and compare the two.
    01-08-10 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD