Hello,

My company has offered BES to me. Currently, I am using BIS and its working well. Is there a preference? Privacy? Security? Functionallity? Thanks.
    08-23-09 05:28 AM
    If it's just for you, I'd personally use BIS. BES will push their security policies to your phone, and you can get some problems with what you want to do with the phone.

BIS is still quite secure, BES just gives your company access into your phone. And play with it at will - whether that's upgrading/downgrading your OS or even locking out DM for you. BES does let you get your work e-mail, however.
    08-23-09 05:32 AM
    I would go with BIS, there is a lot less restrictions and problems. And as stated BES gives your company access to your phone.
    08-23-09 07:29 AM
    but BES is more secure than BIS, so i chose BES for security
    08-23-09 11:02 AM
    Unless your company mandates that you have BES, go with BIS...that way you can have a personal/business blackberry and not have to worry about what and what not the company wants you to do!
    08-23-09 01:03 PM
    BES is far more secure, remote backup/wipe, IT policies, etc. I run BES servers at work, and I run one out of my house for me.
    08-23-09 01:10 PM
    BES also wirelessly synchronizes your Contacts, Tasks, Notes, and EMails (including all the InBox subfolders), BIS only syncs EMail unless you set up Google sync or something equivalent. That's the main reason I would go with BES: My whole life, right in the palm of my hand. I have no privacy concerns and if I did they would be far outweighed by the enhanced security of BES, figuring that at least the BES admin is a friendly face.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 03:59 PM
    BES also wirelessly synchronizes your Contacts, Tasks, Notes, and EMails (including all the InBox subfolders), BIS only syncs EMail unless you set up Google sync or something equivalent. That's the main reason I would go with BES: My whole life, right in the palm of my hand. I have no privacy concerns and if I did they would be far outweighed by the enhanced security of BES, figuring that at least the BES admin is a friendly face.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

EXACTLY. If you're an Outlook user, BES is crucial. Everything sync'd and backed up and live. Subfolders, too.

I only use BIS because I have to. My personal email accounts (Gmail, Roadrunner, etc) don't push the email w/ BIS. They just kinda pop up on my BB when they feel like it.
    08-23-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD