Hi all!

I'm a BES user with restrictive policy on my BB. I want to try out the GMail plug-in. For this i need my GMail account in BIS. Can i have BES and BIS on the same device (Curve 8310) and if yes, how do i install this?

Thanks,

Ton.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 04:29 AM
    Hi all!

I'm a BES user with restrictive policy on my BB. I want to try out the GMail plug-in. For this i need my GMail account in BIS. Can i have BES and BIS on the same device (Curve 8310) and if yes, how do i install this?

Thanks,

Ton.

Nope, only can have one service. Unless you get another BB for personal use then you can select BIS.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-10-09 04:56 AM
    Yes you can have both BIS and BES email on one phone. Unless your BES policy is hiding it, you should have a Personal Email Setup icon on your phone.
    09-10-09 07:15 AM
    BIS and BES can not be on the same device.

Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) is how average users connect to the web, and Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) is how business users connect, and thats generally through a server that privileges are granted.

If you are unable to add a personal email, I would contact your IT department and see if they allow it. Just know that through BES they are able to watch what you are doing on your device through their server to an extent.
    09-10-09 07:20 AM
    BIS and BES can not be on the same device.

Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) is how average users connect to the web, and Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) is how business users connect, and thats generally through a server that privileges are granted.

If you are unable to add a personal email, I would contact your IT department and see if they allow it. Just know that through BES they are able to watch what you are doing on your device through their server to an extent.
    +1, I've suggested to some people I've ran into on the street that asked me about this. I just told them to get a personal BB on BIS.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-10-09 07:24 AM
    I am on BES and have 4 BIS emails added onto my device. You can add up to 10 through your carrier's BIS web site.
    09-10-09 07:43 AM
    You can have a personal phone with some BES restrictives on it, but that would suck.
    09-10-09 07:44 AM
    I am on BES and have 4 BIS emails added onto my device. You can add up to 10 through your carrier's BIS web site.
    Been there and did that, too. Business BB on BES with 2 email accounts feeding onto it via BIS setup through web interface.

To the OP: keep in mind that your employer's IT policy(ies) and use agreements that you were asked to sign will likely convert ownership of your personal email appearing on a company BB to that of your employer. When it lands on the company IT infrastructure they own it, can see it, read it, and all other things inclusive.

Today I keep it separate and carry 1 business BB and 1 personal BB.
    09-10-09 08:22 AM
    I think the posts that BES and BIS cannot be on the same device might be a little misleading. It's true, the device can be set up only for one of those two services. But as other posts have indicated, subject to the IT policies set up by the BES admin, up to 10 BIS accounts can added to that same BES device. I have BES and four BIS accounts. I'm guessing that's what the OP may have been asking.

09-10-09 08:37 AM
    Yeah, i know what i needed to know. I don't have the Personal EMail icon, so i assume that my companies policy won't allow BIS on my BB.

Is there a way to "work around" the policy to be able to install BIS and more e-mail accounts? I know it's against company policy but i like to be in control of my device and use it as efficient as i can. Makes no sense carrying around two BB's for personal and business use if the device is able to do all.

Ton.
    Last edited by Toontje; 09-11-09 at 03:52 PM.
    09-10-09 03:11 PM
    Just subscribing to the topic, sorry.
    09-13-09 11:03 AM
    I have a company BB curve with company email and my personnal gmail account.

Works great
    09-14-09 09:19 PM
    But you probably don't have a restrictive company policy that prevents you from configuring non-business e-mail account on your BB.

Ton.
    09-15-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD