I can't activate my phone on the BES. I had some other issues initially, but I've figured them out except for this one. Options > Advanced > Enterprise Activation says "Not Activated". When I first got it, I went through the activation process and entered my username and password and the activation proecess started (and took a long time). The message I get is "The Server is not Responding". I received this email from the network: This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

Can anyone help?
    07-14-08 11:50 AM
    BES activation requires the BES admin (typically someone in your corp IT shop) to activate your account and give you a password. BES is typically used by businesses for business phones. If you purchased your phone for your personal use, you will be a BIS user, not BES. The network message you received typically occurs when a BIS user inadvertently selects BES. If that's your situation, just delete Desktop Manager and start over and select BIS.
    07-14-08 12:34 PM
    Got the IT guy on the horn today and he helped me work it out.

Thanks.
    07-14-08 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD