CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Cool Belkin Router How-To (WiFi Fix)

If any of you were having connectivity issues do to a Belkin Router, here's your fix:

Go to the Wireless section on the left, selecting Channel and SSID

From here you'll need to check 2 things:
    Look at your QoS Configureation.
    Ensure that your ACK Mode is set to: IMMEDIATE ACK
    Set your 802.11e QoS to: OFF

Pull the battery on your BB, refresh the networks and you'll be on UMA in no time!
    Proudly Serving
    -USMC-
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Another Belkin Router/BB Curve Wi-Fi Fix

I have a Belkin G Router, and was 10 minutes from returning it when (after my 3rd call to their Tech. Support line) I got a knowledgeable service rep.

After I set the network up, all my computers ran fine, but my Blackberry Curve (T-Mobile) would log on to the network and then not function - dead air when I made calls and the internet would sometimes work fine and then other times crawl so slow it would have been faster to just turn off Wi-Fi and use EDGE.

The tech. rep walked me through the following steps and my service is perfect now:

-Delete the saved profile in the Blackberry from the network that hasn't been functioning.

-Go to 192.168.2.1/ (can't post direct link as I'm a new user)

-On the left hand side, go to "Channel and SSID" under the "Wireless" heading.

-Set "WMM Mode" to OFF.

-Change "Wireless Channel" (mine was on 6 and I changed it to 9 - not sure if the number matters or not.)

-Make at least a small change to the network name where it says "SSID" (rename or add a number, etc.)

-Click "Apply Changes."

***If asked for a password, as at the time I hadn't made up one, I just clicked "submit."***

-On the Curve, under "Wi-Fi Options" scan for networks and find the new one. When asked to set-up WPS or whatever it says (I forget now) scroll to no.

-Enter in the PSK you originally used with the network.

You should be up. Hope that helps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I was unable to fix my belkin router issue, then I visit Belkin Tech Support
    I got certified technician over here. These guys are really awesome to fix belkin router problem in minimal charges.

They are providing 24x7 tech support for belkin router.