I've searched thru threads and couldn't find the answer...
    I have 2 bb8330 curve's and cannot get them to connect to eachother via bluetooth so I can transfer info. I can do it with other phones not bb's. What gives?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 10:49 AM
    You trying to send a file or ringtone?

Have you seen this

View Document
    03-09-09 12:40 PM
    I've been trying to send videos,music,pics...
    Like I said I've been succesfull with other phones except bb's

03-09-09 12:49 PM
    To send and receive files between two BlackBerry smartphones using Bluetooth� wireless technology, complete the following steps:
    1. Enable Bluetooth technology on the BlackBerry smartphones. For instructions, see the Turn on Bluetooth technology section of the BlackBerry User Guide.
    2. Make the BlackBerry smartphones discoverable. For instructions, see the Make your BlackBerry device discoverable section of the BlackBerry User Guide.
    3. Pair the BlackBerry smartphones. For instructions, see the Pair with a Bluetooth enabled device section of the BlackBerry User Guide.
    4. Set the Trusted field to Yes on both BlackBerry smartphones by completing the following steps:
      1. In the Bluetooth application, highlight the BlackBerry smartphone and press the Menu button.
      2. Select Device Properties.
      3. Set the Trusted field to Yes.
      4. Press the Menu button and select Save.
    5. Send and receive the transfered file.
    On the recipient's BlackBerry smartphone
    1. On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, select Media.
    2. Select a media type (Music, Video, Ring Tones, Pictures).
    3. Press the Menu button and select Receive using Bluetooth. The File Transfer dialog box appears, followed by a prompt to Save or Cancel the file.
    4. Select Save to save the file to the current location, or select the folder icon to save the file in a different location.
    On the sender's BlackBerry smartphone
    1. On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, select Media.
    2. Select the same media type selected on the recipient's BlackBerry smartphone.
    3. Press the Menu button and select Send Using Bluetooth.
    4. When prompted to select a BlackBerry smartphone, select the recipient's BlackBerry smartphone.
    03-09-09 12:57 PM
    Seems like a lot of work. Would be easier to transfer files to your PC using Mass Storage Mode, then move to the 2nd BB using Mass Storage Mode.

03-09-09 01:16 PM
    Thanks for the info. Ill try it tonight. And let yall know how it worked out.
    And for xliderider... Its because I don't always have a computer avail.
    It does seem like a pain when you read it but I've used the tech. To send stuff to other phones... Trust me its way cool!

03-09-09 01:19 PM
    I've tried...
    I am able to find the other bb, however it will not connect. When I try sending files it says file transfer "failed to find service"

03-09-09 07:34 PM
    I've tried...
    I am able to discover the other bb, however it will not connect. When I try sending files it says file transfer "failed to find service"

03-09-09 07:35 PM
    You need to initiate the transfer FROM the BlackBerry receiving the file.

Media > Menu > Receive Using Bluetooth

It won't work any other way.
    03-09-09 08:03 PM
    By that do you mean the bb I'm trying to send a file to needs to find my bb in the bluetooth discovery mode?
    Reason I ask is that my friend has a verizon dare phone and I conected via bluetooth no problem 1 time. And now whenever I'm around him I can send him files no prob unless he disables his bluetooth

03-09-09 08:22 PM
    No, I mean that once they are paired, if the device RECEIVING THE FILE is a BlackBerry, you need to INITIATE the transfer FROM THAT DEVICE.

But you need to have them paired first. If you are having problems pairing, then try deleting ALL the pairings and re-pair them.

As far as sending files to other devices other than BlackBerry devices, I'm not aware of restrictions. One of your previous posts indicated that you were only having problems sending to BlackBerry devices. Did I misread your posts?
    03-09-09 08:47 PM
    No you read it right. I did mention when I try sending files to non bb phones it works seamlesly.
    I did try telling the receiving bb to receive using bluetooth and the sending bb to send using bluetooth and it still failed to transfer file. I don't know what to do now. Seems like this is a ton of hastle! LoL... Shouldn't I be able to have a trusted bluetooth and files can be sent and received no questions asked?

03-09-09 09:00 PM
    Text them oir email

03-10-09 12:23 AM
    Some files are too large for that method

03-10-09 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD