BB is connected through USB to Mac - have tried ejecting on Mac but get the message:

"The disk 'BLACKBERRY' is in use and could not be ejected. Try quitting applications and try again."

The application open on the Mac is a web browser and as far as I can see there's nothing open on BB. I could just disconnect the USB but apparently that can do damage...

Suggestions? Thanks
    07-13-08 06:35 AM
    If you don't have any files copying to or from the berry and you are positive that you don't have Pocketmac or Missingsync running I would just reboot your Mac and disconnect the Berry when it is restarting. It generally won't hurt your SD card to remove without ejecting unless you are in the process of sending/receiving files but the Macs just don't like releasing a drive unless they have already unmounted it. Sometimes (very rarely) they get stuck and you have to reboot. That is my only gripe with my Mac.
    07-13-08 07:11 AM
    On rare occation this kind of thing happens on windows pc as well. Generally its a file process that was left open and the OS can't unmount the drive to allow it to sever the connection. A reboot typically is the next safest way to remove the card. On very rare occations the file system on the card can ge� corrupted from an instance of it not being removed after safely disconnecting before removing it. In all the times I have connected a memory card to a pc only one time did I have the card file system get corrupted and probablt had at least a dozen instances of it not letting me disconnect the card before removing it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD