Okay, after having a horrible day, I didn't realize my bb was in my bedsheets when I put them in the washer ...with bleach ...detergent ...fabric softener ...and warm water. It was still in the initial wash cycle. It was flashing red, but I didn't notice anything on the screen except water in between.
    Anyway, I took out the battery, and opened it up enough to get the keypad out and the standing water between the outer bezel and inner bezel (not sure if those are the right terms). I don't have a torq bit so I couldn't take it completely apart.
    I know that if electronics dry out they typically work. I guess I am just upset and worried. I love my bb and have guarded it with my life, now this tops off a bad day.
    Anyway, any advice that will help with my baby's recovery is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    03-26-08 11:03 PM
    Ahhh! I'm sorry to hear that! Make sure to let it dry completely before using it. There's a couple of threads around here about this.
    03-26-08 11:06 PM
    Ahhh! I'm sorry to hear that! Make sure to let it dry completely before using it. There's a couple of threads around here about this.
    In addition... Try blowing out the water. There are a lot of places that water may stay in. You need to do this because if you turn the berry on while wet, it can fry your berry.
    03-27-08 12:28 AM
    Yeah probably use a can of compressed air to get in those spaces.
    03-27-08 12:34 AM
    You could also let it sit in a bunch of rice worked on my old phone to get all the moisture out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-08 12:48 AM
    Yes the rice trick is a good recommendation!
    03-27-08 12:55 AM
    Wow! I would s**t T-Rex turds if this happened to me. Hope all works out for you.
    03-27-08 12:58 AM
    Thats definitely one of my worst fears. Sorry to hear that.

Good luck.
    03-27-08 12:59 AM
    Definately not the recomended way to clean it...

UGH I hate that thabk god this didn't happen to my BB but wehn I still had a razr I went in the ocean with it. DOH! I was just chillin in waist deep water with my friends when I reached down at my thigh and felt a cell phone shaped object in my pocket. I ran out of the water like there was a shark behind me. Idk what I'd do if that ever happened to my bb. I'd probably walk on water to get out of there but too bad salt water pretty much fries the components.

03-27-08 02:02 AM
    thats the worst felling ever to realize where it is when that happens i went through the same thing my girlfriend grabbed my shorts before i could empty the pockets and i heard my pearl in the washer there was no sav ing it i tried everything... but on the upside she bought me the curve i wanted so now im better off lol
    03-27-08 02:25 AM
    And atleast your gf does the laundry for you hehe.

03-27-08 03:03 AM
    I didn't realize my bb was in my bedsheets when I put them in the washer ...with bleach ...detergent ...fabric softener ...and warm water.
    In the "for-what-it's-worth" department, you're not the only one whose ever done this.

When I first got my Curve, I had a really coooool tricked out Motorola Razr and I was laying on the bed the first day I got my Curve transferring things from the Razr to my prized new Curve. I completely forget that I had left the Razr on the bed and one thing led to another and before you knew it, the Razr had gone through a complete wash cycle (with HOT water).

I was relieved it wasn't my Curve but several friends had wanted my Razr because it was so tricked out. I was afraid it was toast.

I opened it all up and took the battery out and left it on the counter for a couple of days. I was shocked when I turned it on a few days later and the only damage was an "8" key that no longer lit up. Other than that, everything about the Razr still worked perfectly.

You might be able to restore a majority of functionality to your Curve but if you are at all picky about your Curve being in tip-top operating condition, you're probably going to have to get a new one.
    03-27-08 03:08 AM
    eee, i cringed after i read this.

i'm really sorry! hope everything works out!
    03-27-08 03:10 AM
    If you do not have compreesed air try a hair dryer, not too hot.
    03-27-08 06:26 AM
    What you should do as mentioned above is put it in a bag of rice for a few days so that the rice can absorb the moisture completely!!! That works wonders... Don't sleep on that! Let us know how that works out
    03-27-08 07:31 AM
    Yeah I read another thread on here with a similar situation and I believe their berry turned out ok...just have faith =]
    03-27-08 08:25 AM
    Thanks so much for the support!
    I am going today to buy the torq bits today to take it apart (I will not remove the lcd, don't want anymore damage). I did blow out what water I could, there is condesation between the screens, but I will not give up hope!
    How long should I leave it off, 3 days or err on the side of caution and wait 5?
    On the positive side, my 9 year old daughter is up for renewal in June so I can use her upgrade to get me a new phone. (Just bought her the flip phone she has wanted for a year now so she won't care.)
    I just really want this phone to work.
    thanks for all of the support, I will definitely let you know how it turns out!
    Going to get rice, guess I can give it a spa bath.
    Have a good day!
    03-27-08 09:20 AM
    OMG! That's like a nightmare I had once. I'm feeling ill just thinking about it.
    Soo sorry that happened to your BB baby.
    Good luck.....

*bleeheek****
    03-27-08 09:39 AM
    LMAO... Good Luck that's cute a spa bath!!! More like a deep tissue treatment Just have faith and believe in your BB
    03-27-08 10:00 AM
    oh noooooo

I've never washed the blackberry, but i have washed several hard drives and mini's and even my ipod. Don't try and turn it on.....do set it in a bowl of dry rice.... it helps pull the moisture from the inside. (I pretend it's a little voodoo) ...after this regimen all of my devices kept humming right along....

FINGERS CROSSED
    03-27-08 10:07 AM
    The phone in rice trick has worked for me before, I suggest putting it in a zip lock baggy if you live in a humid place.

Do you have insurance on your phone?
    03-27-08 10:36 AM
    Hopefully I am mistaken about this or was given bad info but my ATT rep told me they cannot provide the insurance for these phones because, well, they are just too darn expensive. I was advised to place it under my homeowners policy to see if that would protect it in the case of water damage or dropping it .... Anyone else know if i am wrong about this or was given BAD info? Id hate to pay full price in the horrible event mine was washed and unable to be brought back to life.
    03-27-08 10:46 AM
    ATT won't insure it, but there are private companies who will. Good luck.
    03-27-08 02:25 PM
    And atleast your gf does the laundry for you hehe.

yes i guess i am lucky she does the laundry lol but its in trade for me spending 10K for her to go to school to be an estetician lol
    04-01-08 04:04 AM
    i remember the days of laundry being done by your girlfriend...sigh... tough luck about the washer, sheesh...i'd buy the torx bits and take it apart completely, then blow dry it with a can of compressed air, sit it in rice for about 2 days, reblow dry it...give it a good visual inspection, put it back together, set it outside in the sun for a few hours( 7 or 8 ) bring it in, let it cool, then try and start it up....
    04-01-08 04:19 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD