I recently got a blackberry and was able to pick it up pretty quickly because of the people and their contribution to this site. Hopefully you guys can help me out with this.

I use JiveTalk and even after I checked the new IMs.. the status light will continue to blink. Is there a way to solve this problem? Usually I just restart the unit.. but no I took off the light because it annoyed me. But after doing that, I don't know if I have new IMs or not.

This happens with the BB Messenger as well. Thanks in advance.
    04-06-08 10:24 PM
    I would ask T-mobile to exchange it. I've had this happen with the gmail app, but being that the notification feature was new to it, I chalked it up as being a bug. However, since you say this is happening with both BBM, and JiveTalk, neither of which I've ever had this problem with before, I think it may be a problem with the device.

The only other advice I can give to solve the solution is to do a battery pull and hope it doesn't happen again. With the phone on , remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.

And just a heads up regarding JiveTalk, if you only purchased a user license (as opposed to the more expensive device license), you won't be able to transfer it to another BB.
    Last edited by sunkast; 04-06-08 at 11:04 PM.
    04-06-08 10:34 PM
    if you mean the little red light after you recieved a msg.. yea i have got that b4 but i think the reason is that when u recieve the msg u press the enter key and the light goes green.. but if you recieve a msg while your typing and then you send what u typed and hit enter the light will still be red why i dunno but i wait a sec or 2 and press enter again and the red light goes away and goes back to green i hope this help.
    04-06-08 10:48 PM
    thanks for the quick response guys. jose_416 that's exactly the problem. i didn't really get your explanation though.. can you explain it to me again?

so i should wait a while until i let the other person finish what he/she has to say before i respond?
    04-06-08 11:03 PM
    This happens to me with yahoo and bbm
    Goes away after about 15 minutes. No biggie.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-08 06:29 AM
    Happens to me also, I rechecked the recent messages and it went back to green..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-08 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD