CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB Status Light Stays On Even After Checking Messages

I recently got a blackberry and was able to pick it up pretty quickly because of the people and their contribution to this site. Hopefully you guys can help me out with this.

I use JiveTalk and even after I checked the new IMs.. the status light will continue to blink. Is there a way to solve this problem? Usually I just restart the unit.. but no I took off the light because it annoyed me. But after doing that, I don't know if I have new IMs or not.

This happens with the BB Messenger as well. Thanks in advance.
    Super Bad

Global Posts
    11,937 Global Posts

I would ask T-mobile to exchange it. I've had this happen with the gmail app, but being that the notification feature was new to it, I chalked it up as being a bug. However, since you say this is happening with both BBM, and JiveTalk, neither of which I've ever had this problem with before, I think it may be a problem with the device.

The only other advice I can give to solve the solution is to do a battery pull and hope it doesn't happen again. With the phone on , remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.

And just a heads up regarding JiveTalk, if you only purchased a user license (as opposed to the more expensive device license), you won't be able to transfer it to another BB.
    Last edited by sunkast; 04-06-2008 at 11:04 PM.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ask for it.

if you mean the little red light after you recieved a msg.. yea i have got that b4 but i think the reason is that when u recieve the msg u press the enter key and the light goes green.. but if you recieve a msg while your typing and then you send what u typed and hit enter the light will still be red why i dunno but i wait a sec or 2 and press enter again and the red light goes away and goes back to green i hope this help.
    Go GO Gadget BlackBerry
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

thanks for the quick response guys. jose_416 that's exactly the problem. i didn't really get your explanation though.. can you explain it to me again?

so i should wait a while until i let the other person finish what he/she has to say before i respond?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts

This happens to me with yahoo and bbm
    Goes away after about 15 minutes. No biggie.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Happens to me also, I rechecked the recent messages and it went back to green..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com