Ok my boss wants to know:

If he is at a meeting and sets up an appointment at the meeting, can or will his Blackberry Sync remotely back to his outlook 2007?

Currently, he has to go back and manually sync it together.
    04-10-08 06:29 PM
    I am having the same issue and if it's BES, I think the administrator has to set that up. If you come up with a solution, please post it! I could do that all easily with GoodLink on my Treo...

Still love the BB tho.
    04-10-08 06:43 PM
    Not using BES. Or what I think you are saying. Just using good ole pop mail thru the fire department and he is using Outlook 2007.
    04-10-08 06:58 PM
    anyone, anyone?

Buealer, Buealer?
    04-10-08 08:15 PM
    Ok my boss wants to know:

If he is at a meeting and sets up an appointment at the meeting, can or will his Blackberry Sync remotely back to his outlook 2007?

Currently, he has to go back and manually sync it together.
    If he is using BES, he can enable Wireless Synchronization in Calendar Options on the blackberry and it will sync automatically in both directions. Appointments he adds on the blackberry will show up on the outlook calendar on his pc. Appointments added to his outlook calendar will show up on the blackberry. Be sure to set "Keep Appointments" to "Forever" in the blackberry calendar options so they won't drop off.

Tasks, Notes, and Contacts can be sync'd the same way.
    04-10-08 08:21 PM
    If you are not using BES, the answer is no. The closest you can come is to use Google Sync to sync with a Google Calendar, and then sync the Google Calendar with Outlook. I don't know all the specifics, but I do know you can do two way syncing between Outlook and Google Calendar, so I can't imagine why syncing your BlackBerry to Google Calendar wouldn't end up putting the appointments into Outlook.
    04-10-08 09:01 PM
    If he is using BES, he can enable Wireless Synchronization in Calendar Options on the blackberry and it will sync automatically in both directions. Appointments he adds on the blackberry will show up on the outlook calendar on his pc. Appointments added to his outlook calendar will show up on the blackberry. Be sure to set "Keep Appointments" to "Forever" in the blackberry calendar options so they won't drop off.

Tasks, Notes, and Contacts can be sync'd the same way.
    I don't see a Wireless Sync option under Address Book. If I'm using BES, is there a way for me to enable this on my own?
    04-11-08 12:58 AM
    I don't see a Wireless Sync option under Address Book. If I'm using BES, is there a way for me to enable this on my own?
    I believe so. I did it while a support tech talked me through the simple but non-intuitive steps. But the tech didn't do anything to the blackberry from his end. He just diagnosed the problem and walked me through the steps. So I think you could do it, if I could tell you the steps. It involves deleting and undeleting the Desktop Sync Service book, but I don't remember EXACTLY what I did. I'll call my help desk guy today and ask him. If I get the detailed steps, I'll post them here. Or, if you have access to tech support, they can probably walk you through the same process.
    04-11-08 06:43 AM
    Ok, I'm sure there is a topic out there one it, but school me a bit about the BES. Should we go to that and what exactly is BES? Is it a one time cost or monthly fee? I'm clueless......
    04-11-08 07:24 AM
    The best thing I can do is point you to the Blackberry 101 lesson. I don't know how they're priced. Mine is provided by my employer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-08 08:12 AM
    ...you could do it, if I could tell you the steps. It involves deleting and undeleting the Desktop Sync Service book, but I don't remember EXACTLY what I did. I'll call my help desk guy today and ask him. If I get the detailed steps, I'll post them here...
    Here are the steps.
    1. Options/Advanced Options/Service Books
    2. Select the entry "Desktop [SYNC]"
    3. Push the Menu button
    4. Select Delete
    5. Answer "yes" to the "are you sure question?"
    6. Without turning off the blackberry, remove the battery
    7. Leave the battery out for 2 minutes or so
    8. Put the battery back in
    9. After the blackberry boots up, select Options/Advanced Options/Service Books
    10. Push the Menu button
    11. Select Undelete

The Wireless Sync option should now be present for Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Messages, and Calendar. I walked thru these steps with my properly functioning 8830 before I published them. The first time I undeleted, the service book came back, but the Wireless Sync option did not come back. I talked to my help desk and he suggested I repeat the entire process. I did and the second time the Wireless Sync capability was restored. So if you do it and it doesn't work, repeat the entire process before giving up.
    Hope this helps.
    04-11-08 02:43 PM
    JeffH - YOU ARE AWESOME!!

I really appreciate you taking the time to lay this all out for me. My IT group is understandably too swamped to help with this and you got me going in minutes.

This is exactly why I love crackberry.com.

Thanks again!
    Candi
    04-11-08 03:53 PM
    JeffH - YOU ARE AWESOME!!

I really appreciate you taking the time to lay this all out for me. My IT group is understandably too swamped to help with this and you got me going in minutes.

This is exactly why I love crackberry.com.

Thanks again!
    Candi
    Actually, my help desk is awesome. I'm just the beneficiary, and I'm glad to pass it on. My 8830 arrived in the same condition. The Calendar would sync, nothing else, and the wireless sync option wasn't available. The tech had me going in 5 minutes. He didn't even have to look it up. Apparently it's a fairly common problem. Glad it worked for you, too.
    04-11-08 04:01 PM
    Now how do I sync if I don't have BES? Do I just connect it to my PC via USB in order to sync it? Or is it even possible without being BES?
    04-11-08 04:14 PM
    Now how do I sync if I don't have BES? Do I just connect it to my PC via USB in order to sync it? Or is it even possible without being BES?
    I've not had a blackberry without BES, so I can't say for sure, but you have nothing to lose by trying it. Or you could search the forums and Blackberry 101 to see if anybody else has posted the answer.
    04-11-08 05:12 PM
    While using Desktop Manager you can sync everything in your Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memo Pad to Outlook on your computer through USB. It's the wireless syncing that requires BES, or the "shade-tree" Google Sync/Google Calendar method.
    04-13-08 12:22 AM
    I'll have to wait til I get my 8330 to try it. I actually have Windows Mail (looks/acts exactly like Outlook Express) which is the default mail program in Vista, so hopefully it will sync in DM ok. I'd love to be able to send all my contacts/calendar items to my BB without having to retype them all again.
    04-13-08 07:43 AM
    I am having this same issue, however my 8830 WE will not wirelessly sync and I dont have the "Desktop [SYNC]" under my service books option.

Any suggestions?
    05-23-08 01:28 PM
    If you are on BES, try the steps I outlined earlier in this thread and skip to the undelete step and see if desktop [SYNC] shows up. I'm traveling today and can't reply soon. If you are not on BES, I doubt that will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-08 04:05 PM
    I'm on a BES.
    Email syncs fine with outlook exchange server both ways
    Contacts added on BB sync to outlook, outlook to BB works great too.
    Calendar items added in outlook show up on the BB right away

Calendar items added on the BB DO NOT show up in Outlook

Calendar options are set to wireless sych yes, keep forever.

WTF?
    05-23-08 04:40 PM
    I tried following the steps you outlined and I still don't see the wireless synch option in my calendar. I've tried the steps several times now. My wireless sync used to work just fine with my calendar previously, but about a few months ago, it just stopped. And my firm's IT department doesn't seem know how to fix it. Anything else I should try?
    05-23-08 08:33 PM
    If you haven't already, reregister on the network. That MIGHT cause your enterprise server to push any missing service books. Worth a try and harmless if it doesn't work:
    Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/Register
    05-23-08 10:34 PM
    Ok, I tried to follow the above listed steps and I am on BES, however I still am unable to locate the Desktop Sync in the service book. I just dont have it.

Please someone help...
    05-30-08 03:40 PM
    If you're on BES, does your employer have IT support? There is at least somebody who administers the BES. That person might could help. Failing that, I suggest you post your question in a new thread with a more specific title that mentions syncing in BES. That would be more likely to draw the attention of some of the BES Admins who participate in these forums, and might get you an answer sooner.
    05-30-08 04:15 PM
    I hate to sound like an *****, but I followed exactly the steps you laid out, but it is still not working. When you mention "Wireless Synch" should that be present under the general options for my calendar or should I be looking somewhere else for it?

Thank you in advance for your help. I have been wrestling with this problem for awhile.

P.S. Yes, I do have the BES (single user installation)
    06-05-08 10:46 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD