I'm having an issue with my BB 8310 not charging from my house charger and my USB cord.... it will only charge from my car charger... has anyone ever had this problem before???

EDIT: I'm guessing people don't read other's posts... BUT!!!! the house charger works on my friend's BB Curve and so does the USB also... HER's works on HER phone... but WON'T work on MY BB Curve
    Last edited by BlueMagicSS; 09-02-08 at 02:48 AM. Reason: People Don't Read
    09-01-08 02:26 PM
    thats weird...
    09-01-08 02:31 PM
    There is probably a problem with the house cord because your usb connection to the phone works with your car cord. So you can narrow it to the other cord -- the bb connection is working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 02:35 PM
    It will only work on the car charger.... won't work on the USB or any house charger
    09-01-08 02:37 PM
    did you try a diffrent wall charger?
    09-01-08 02:44 PM
    Sure did... it just charges on my car charger
    09-01-08 02:55 PM
    are you still within the return policy?
    if so, i'd get an exchange...
    09-01-08 03:27 PM
    Can you charge it from your laptop or computer?
    09-01-08 03:48 PM
    i'd say, take it to an at&t store and let them take a look at it..
    09-01-08 05:00 PM
    Try a different USB cable. Since it's charging from the car, then the connector on the BB side of things is working. It must be the cable as someone said. Try using a different usb cable with your computer/laptop. If it's just the cable, maybe they can give you a new charger, or at the very least, a new charger is not very expensive.

I just cant see how it would work with the car but not the computer or home charger, as they all plug in the same place on the BB!
    09-01-08 06:45 PM
    I could not for the life of me get my Curve to charge in my upstairs bedroom...until I figured out that the power outlet I wanted to use was controlled by a switch by the door - that my wife was turning off every night. :-)
    09-01-08 06:54 PM
    I've experienced this same issue. I have now 7 chargers including two USB. All worked perfectly fine, until one day some cut out and others are sensitive to how far in you plug them into the Curve. My Motorol and a no name brand charger is the only two wall plugs that work with no issues. Car charger and laptop USB only work when you stick them in half way.
    09-01-08 10:11 PM
    As far as the wall and USB chargers... they all worked up until Friday... I've tried a friend's and my own and all worked on her phone as well at the same time.
    09-02-08 01:22 AM
    id try new wall charger, it shouldn't be too hard to find
    09-02-08 01:35 AM
    I'm guessing I'm not saying it clear enough..... The house charger works on a friend's BB Curve... the USB cord works on the same Curve... it won't work on my Curve.... what is so hard????
    09-02-08 02:45 AM
    My buddy from work has an 8320 and his BB charging contacts we're damaged from using a car charger, the only way he charged his phone was by taking the battery out and charging it every night until he got a new phone through the warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 03:14 AM
    I used my car charger for the first time today on my 8330 Curve, and it worked for about 5 minutes, then when I went back to my car to check its progress I found that it was no longer charging. I unplugged the charger from the phone and unplugged the charger from the power adapter in the car, then proceeded to reconnect the charger to the outlet and the phone. However, to my dismay, the phone was not recognizing the charger-thus not charging the phone. I contacted verizon's technical support and was told to remove the battery from the phone (for twenty seconds) then reattach it and attempt it again. They said that possibly the battery had a bad connection to the terminals. After doing so, the charger worked again and I left it to charge. When I came back to check about ten minutes later, it once again wasn't charging. I repeated the above process two more times, and as of now the phone is still charging properly. I also took the advice of a previous poster here who recommended that you try only plugging the cable in about halfway, so perhaps that could be the solution.
    09-02-08 01:32 PM
    I'm guessing I'm not saying it clear enough..... The house charger works on a friend's BB Curve... the USB cord works on the same Curve... it won't work on my Curve.... what is so hard????

it's official... i am COMPLETELY stumped.
    09-02-08 01:36 PM
    Go to the store man, let att handle it, they will take care of you.
    09-02-08 01:37 PM
    Thanks... I'm waiting on the Warranty Exchange
    09-03-08 03:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD