Hello!

I'm a relative newbie, but i've searched many sites and haven't come up with a solution to my current problem!

I rarely use BB Messenger - I've used it in the past, but haven't since i upgraded to v.4.5 a little while back. I have a new friend i'd like to add to my friends list, who has sent me several invitations, and whom i've sent invitations to, but all responses have shown up in my inbox with a subject of "<$RemoveOnDelivery,SuppressSaveInSentItems>Blackb erryMessengerInviteStage2".

We then tried to add via PIN, but i got an email saying
    "... would like to add you to his or her BlackBerry Messenger Contact List.
    If you don't currently have the required application on your device, please visit...

Once you've installed BlackBerry Messenger, return to this message to accept this request..."

I have version 4.5 of BlackBerry Messenger installed currently.
    I've added her email to my contacts list.
    I have version 4.6 of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed.

I'm not quite sure where to go from here.

Can someone help me out?
    Thanks very much in advance!
    -Sara
    11-01-08 03:39 PM
    do both partys have a data plan?

have you tried resending your service books?
    11-01-08 03:44 PM
    We both have data plans - i'm on Verizon, she's on TMobile.
    I resent my service books.. still, nothing. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
    11-01-08 04:30 PM
    I've got the exact same issue... same services levels... same carriers. I haven't found any issues on my phone and have never had the issue in the past. Did you ever get this worked out?

Thanks
    12-06-08 07:49 AM
    I am having this problem too...No one seems to have an answer. I would try to uninstall my current version of messenger and reinstall, but when I go to add/remove programs in the Blackberry desktop manager, Messenger isn't even a program that I can choose to uninstall.

I added two friends before upgrading my OS to 4.5 and those seemed to work ok. But ever since my upgrade, I cannot add any friends. If anyone has figured out how to solve this problem, please post it here.
    01-13-09 09:29 PM
    First, always add by PIN, instead of e-mail to prevent the "Pending" message. On both ends make sure content protection is disabled, go to options >security options >general settings and scroll down to content protection. Disable it if it's not already...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 09:40 PM
    You might want to try getting the pin number of the person your trying to add. email addresses dont always work, but the pin will in the messenger.
    01-13-09 09:41 PM
    This is a thought, but if you check in options>security options>firewall. Make sure it is disabled. This something to try, not sure if it will work.

Also if any of these devices are on a BES server, this maybe the problem if the IT group blocks the feature.
    01-13-09 09:41 PM
    OK...I'll add one to this. I have TMO and my friend has verizon. He has 4.2 I have 4.5.0.124 but when I upgraded from 4.2 to 4.5.0.89 I had no problem with adding him via pin. Now since I went to 124 he doesnt get my requests. I did the same to my wife and go the pending thing for about 5 minutes until she returned. All of my settings are as described by your mentions.
    01-13-09 09:53 PM
    I believe it, this question has been popping up here more and more I've noticed...

01-13-09 10:00 PM
    For a while I was thinking it was a carrier problem....but I'm starting to think its an issue with the different way people are installing OS versions. You think PTT or VAD could be a part of this SD?
    01-13-09 10:08 PM
    I tried the security and firewall settings as suggested, but they were already set to the correct choices.

I should mention that I can't add people, and likewise, they can't add me, either.

Hopefully someone comes up with a solution. I was thinking of uninstalling Messenger 4.5 and reinstalling by downloading it off the BlackBerry site. Not sure if this would work, though.
    01-13-09 11:03 PM
    Cmike, if you do this, remember bbm will not install OTA, you need to download it to your PC and install it with DeskTop manager with your device plugged into your PC. Follow the instructions with the app.

Also to remove it from your berry, you need to go to options-applications, the highlight bbm, press the menu key then delete. Also make sure you have 4.6 Desktop software, I have read some people have had trouble with 4.7. Good luck.

Last edited by exelant; 01-14-09 at 01:50 AM.
    01-14-09 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD