I am having issues with re-installing BB Messenger. Actually one of my girlfriends who isn't overly "techy" was having issues, I decided to use my phone as a guinea pig. No matter what we did with BB Messenger we couldn't get her out of the perpetual "pending" status. I have had no problem with other people and none of are having any trouble. Just her phone. After reading post after post and trying EVERYTHING it seemed that the only suggestion left to try was to uninstall BB messenger and re-install it. I decided to try it on my phone first so that I could work out the details. Good thing.......

I am running BB os v4.3 and every time I attempt to download the program from the url at BB either over the air or thru my pc I keep getting told "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Messenger for Software Versions 4.0 and 4.1."

On the first page it says that "you must have BlackBerry Device Software version 3.6 or higher installed. In order to download BlackBerry Messenger over-the-air (OTA) your BlackBerry device must have BlackBerry Device Software version 3.7.x or higher installed and 16 MB flash memory or higher." as I said I am running BB os v4.3 so I am kinda stumped.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kathleen

Update... In an attempt to rectify the matter I installed the Balckberry os v4.5 and still can't get BB messenger to install. AHHHhhhhhh...............
    Last edited by Bakat; 02-03-09 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Update
    02-03-09 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD