whenever i get a new message or whenever someone is responding to a message on bb messenger, all i get is the red LED light, but there is no sound. I've tried checking my profile to make sure it is set up to make a sound when receiving messages but it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?
    02-23-09 04:21 PM
    Since you already checked to see if you ringtone for BBM is set to mute or vibrate, check your availability within BBM. When in BBM hit the menu key then go to my status. Make sure you are available. If you have set it to unavailable you will not get alerts of new messages.
    02-23-09 04:36 PM
    Renocat is right, alot of folks forget to come back from unavailable so you will only get LED. If that is not the case do a battery pull.

Peace

Trem
    02-23-09 04:39 PM
    ya i made sure i was back from unavailable and I did a battery pull and still nothing. I think there is probably something wrong with the profile i'm in. Which part of the profile do I need to change in order to achieve sound?
    02-23-09 05:34 PM
    Change the options for Messenger - Alert and Messenger - New Message in your active profile. Make sure you have it set to either vibrate or tone when out of holster.
    02-23-09 05:38 PM
    You can be in any profile if its set up right. I use Normal or loud personally. You can make sure your settings for MESSENGER in the profile you are using now has a tune set up and is not on mute, also put it on high-med to make sure its working. When you are setting them up it will give you a preview of the actual sound and volume while your messing with them

profile>advanced>active profile>edit any you wish (in your case messenger(s)
    02-23-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD