Hi all.

I'm having a problem with one of my BBm contacts. Only one person. His status says "busy" and the smiley by his name has the little clock on it. I've been sending him messages which he sees but when he responds, I don't see it making me think he's not responding. I asked him to check his status and he says it's on "available". So what's going on? Is it something on my part or his? Thanks so much.
    03-07-09 11:27 AM
    Have both the other perosn and yordelf do a battery reset - See if this helps
    03-07-09 11:29 AM
    I'm doing mine now and I'll tell him to do one also. I'll see if that helps. He had his phone wiped yesterday after screwing up his password and was missing a few things. I taught him about sending service books and battery pulls, but the resending of the books had helped him at the time. Thanks.
    03-07-09 11:34 AM
    If he wiped his phone, then I would venture to guess the issue is with yours and a battery reset should help
    03-07-09 11:54 AM
    After my battery pull, his status remained the same. Then he did it and I was able to see his messages again. Thank you. I was so pissed last night thinking he was ignoring me! LOL.

Btw, we're both newbies. I bought mine last week Wednesday and he has a 8320 bought this past Wednesday.
    03-07-09 12:19 PM
    Glad to hear this worked for you. That is the magic of this site, lots good info to be found.
    03-07-09 12:25 PM
    bumping back up because this issue just happened again this morning. We were conversing just fine and then my responses seemed sluggish. The check mark would appear after a slight delay and would delay again before the "D" appeared. He responded, but I did not see it. I did a battery pull which then let me see his last response but it happened again shortly thereafter. Anyone knows why this happens?

My phone is above using 4.5.131
    He has a t-mobile 8320

Thanks.

Oh, and by his name is the clock icon again and his status says busy when he's not.
    Last edited by bkbabe; 03-12-09 at 10:44 AM.
    03-12-09 10:34 AM
    The clock icon means BBM thinks he has not read the message within one minute. In order for BBM to know you have read a message, you actually have to move the cursor up into the received text field. You can't just leave your cursor in the box you type in and read the message. Our BB's are smart, but not that smart

As for you not getting the message, I am not sure why that happened. I know the other day i sent a couple messages and the other person went unreachable and did not get the message. Unreachable has the icon with the waves coming form the smiley face. That means either the network is having trouble, the other person is on the phone, has removed the battery or turned off the radio.
    03-12-09 11:53 AM
    Thank you. I just learned something new today.
    03-12-09 04:00 PM
    question? what if my contact has set there status as unavailable and when i check contact info the status there says unauthorized.. does that mean i was deleted? and what happens when someone deletes me from there contacts also
    03-12-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD