Everytime I preform a soft reset (battery pull)
    I receive a message screen that states, "You Have Changed Devices., Do you Want to Let BBM contacts know? When I reply yes, it erases all of my contacts and re-invites them to join my bbm contact list. Does anyone know how I can prevent this from happening?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 05:16 PM
    I started having this problem when I upgraded from 4.2.2.196 to 4.5.0.138. It persisted when I subsequently upgraded to 4.5.0.160. There is some information about the problem in the 4.5.0.160 thread in the 8830 forum. Having Content Protection Enabled appears to be part of the problem. If you have Content Protection enabled, and your IT Policy will permit you to disable it, try doing that. Disabling CP solved the problem for a few users who could disable it.
    06-12-09 10:12 PM
    JeffH nailed it.

Go to Options/Security Options/General Settings and put Content Protection on disabled. I figured this out with a customer one day somehow lol.

It's worked all 5-6 people I've encountered since also.
    06-13-09 12:55 AM
    I started having this problem when I upgraded from 4.2.2.196 to 4.5.0.138. It persisted when I subsequently upgraded to 4.5.0.160. There is some information about the problem in the 4.5.0.160 thread in the 8830 forum. Having Content Protection Enabled appears to be part of the problem. If you have Content Protection enabled, and your IT Policy will permit you to disable it, try doing that. Disabling CP solved the problem for a few users who could disable it.

06-13-09 01:50 AM
    Thanks Jeff for the advise. I will Disable CP, and see if this resolves the issue.
    Virgmb

06-13-09 01:52 AM
    JeffH nailed it.

Go to Options/Security Options/General Settings and put Content Protection on disabled. I figured this out with a customer one day somehow lol.

It's worked all 5-6 people I've encountered since also.

06-13-09 02:00 AM
    Thanks faf224 for the advise & proceedure. I give it a try. Virgmb

06-13-09 02:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD