Hello All, I've recently had to do a couple battery pulls & on each occasion all of my bb messanger contacts have disapaired. How can i prevent this from happening & is there a way to get these contacts back without haveing everyone send their pin again. Thanks for any help
    05-11-09 08:35 AM
    This is what a forum search turned up
    05-11-09 08:41 AM
    I don't know about the bbm contacts dissapearing, I do know the messages dissapear sometimes, that's its good to save em if their important.
    As far as the contacts, save the pins to your phone contacts just in case this continues to happen. There are forums of how to's that can help or just go to your carrier store. I hope someone can help you. Ill definitely ask around and post back if I get anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 08:44 AM
    What apps do u have on ur phone. List them all cuz one of em is messing it up

05-11-09 09:00 AM
    Cb Launcher
    Com_plazmic Theme
    Docs To Go
    Gmail
    Google Maps
    Google Talk
    Opera Mini
    Slacker Mobile
    Yahoo Messanger
    05-11-09 09:45 AM
    TAKE OFF SLACKER MOBILE DEFINITELY. Any other apps that you do not use, take them off or hide them since some can not be removed from the device. But DELETE THE SLACKER MOBILE NOW.

05-11-09 09:50 AM
    A lot of those 3rd party apps are useless and mess up something on ur phone. Always pay attention to ur phone before and after downloading 3rd party apps. If u see anything diiferent in a negative way happening to ur phone after download the delete, the app isn't worth it.

05-11-09 09:55 AM
    TAKE OFF SLACKER MOBILE DEFINITELY. Any other apps that you do not use, take them off or hide them since some can not be removed from the device. But DELETE THE SLACKER MOBILE NOW.

Delete Slacker Mobile???

Uhmmmmm...why? That should have no effect on BBM.
    05-11-09 10:00 AM
    My thoughts too. The only problem I ever had with slacker was it was a huge memory hog
    05-11-09 10:03 AM
    Slacker has been found to cause default settings to hiccup every once in a while. It is a culprit for the random reset as well as the need to resend service books for bbm and browser.
    05-11-09 10:06 AM
    My friend had it and it did the same thing. Its a online music player that stays running. The phone would feeze and after pulling the battery the contacts would be gone. 3rd party apps can do things like that. If it doesn't come preloaded on ur phone then sometimes u can encounter issues like that. If u don't have a prob with the app then good for u. Others may have an issue and looking at all the apps on the persons phone, slacker radio is the only 3rd party app and the only one on there that a lot of people complain about. It doesn't hurt to take it off and see if there's a difference with the performance of the phone.

05-11-09 10:07 AM
    Slacker has been found to cause default settings to hiccup every once in a while. It is a culprit for the random reset as well as the need to resend service books for bbm and browser.
    Okay that's what I was thinking, thanks for clearing that up.
    05-11-09 10:10 AM
    The opera mini is nothing but that slacker mobile is horrible. Normally when your memory is damn near gone, your phone will act up.

05-11-09 10:13 AM
    Thanks I'll delete Slacker & see if there is any changes
    05-11-09 11:02 AM
    Let us know

05-11-09 02:20 PM
    Good Info!
    05-11-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD