I have both but can't decide which is better to use. BB shows how fast I'm driving and where I am compared to my route and where I started. AmAze shows the temp and wind speed/direction. It also tlks like VZ Navigator but it rarely finds where I am. So to you guys, which is better to use?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 11:28 AM
    You might want to try Nav4All and Garmin too. Garmin is a $ app but maybe the best one out there for the Curve. I've tried pretty much every one out there but none come close to a nuvi with a wide screen and nice speaker.
    04-28-09 11:35 AM
    amAze can show your speed as well, but not in the map screen. You have to go to the menu, then details.
    04-28-09 11:52 AM
    It makes little sense to me to pay for the Garmin app or VZW navigator when I can get a stand-alone GPS device for under a hundred bucks from Amazon or Buy.com.

(I'm currently using a V7 GPS that's WinMo based, so I've been able to hack it to do all kinds of fun things.)

I just downloaded amaZe and am pretty impressed with it, so it will probably become a backup when I don't have a dedicated GPS handy.
    04-29-09 12:22 PM
    I'ma stick w/ BB Maps bc amAze can never find where I am. Keeps saying it can't find my GPS location.

04-29-09 12:26 PM
    You might want to try Nav4All and Garmin too. Garmin is a $ app but maybe the best one out there for the Curve. I've tried pretty much every one out there but none come close to a nuvi with a wide screen and nice speaker.
    Can a verizon wireless customer pay for garmin, and use it on their curve 8330? Or is it still locked ONLY to VZ Nav?
    04-29-09 12:38 PM
    Can a verizon wireless customer pay for garmin, and use it on their curve 8330? Or is it still locked ONLY to VZ Nav?
    Sorry, but a verizon 8330 is locked to Verizon's own GPs and BBMaps only. One way some get around this is to use an external Bluetooth GPS device.
    04-29-09 03:28 PM
    Sorry, but a verizon 8330 is locked to Verizon's own GPs and BBMaps only. One way some get around this is to use an external Bluetooth GPS device.
    Are you sure amaZe won't work with a Verizon Curve? They have Verizon-specific versions for the Storm, and the regular version doesn't work with mine.

To find the Verizon Curve version:

Go to wap.amazegps.com and click on the link that says "Download amaZeGPS."

Before proceeding, write down (or screen capture, or whatever) the user name and password at the top of the page; you'll need it for installation.

Below the user information, there should be a link to download AmaZe for your BlackBerry. If you're a Verizon user,

Do not click on that link.

Instead, scroll down the page to where it says

VERIZON users please click here to download a GPS compatible version.
    Click through. On the next page, there are links for multiple versions of the Curve. (8310, 8320, 8330, 8350i)

Again, since I don't have a Curve, I can't tell you whether or not the Verizon-specific version will work... but on my Storm the Verizon version works great while the non-VZW version couldn't connect to GPS.
    04-29-09 03:49 PM
    it definitely does not work. i installed the 'verizon' specific app and all i got was a voice telling me that it couldn't get a signal from satellites. i'm sure it would work on the storm since the gps is unlocked.
    04-30-09 07:10 PM
    I have an alltel 8330 and amaze doesn't work on it either. Also it seems that bb maps won't install on a bb running os 4.5.

04-30-09 07:21 PM
    Yea, doesn't work. All I use right now is Blackberry Maps. It works fine...a liiiiittlleee behind though, and theres no voice saying "Turn right here" but other then that, it follows you while you walk/drive
    05-03-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD