I am sure this has been addressed before, but I cannot find it. Can anyone tell me how to enable BB Maps on an ATT device? Thank you--
    07-19-08 11:02 AM
    cant use it on at@t. i cant find a way to that is. post the question on jaydens ask att questions thread. maybe he can help you.
    07-19-08 11:06 AM
    Taken from JC's post on BBF...

To Add BBMaps on OS 4.3 and lower devices (OS 4.5 and higher BBMaps requires a service book and it can't be added using this method): (if you want it.)

If you have an AT&T device or a device without BBMaps (and OS 4.3 and lower) do the same for the LBS.alx file:

Open the LBS.alx and scroll down until you see a string similar to the following:

<!-- For 8800 series, hide the icon for Cingular (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all
    Orange properties. --><fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~102|124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217"
    series="8800">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <!-- For non-8800 series, show the icon for all carriers except Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties. -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0"series="8800">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_internal_gps.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource_en.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>

Remove all references to “_vendorID=…..” and device codes. Remove the text in bold as shown above and leave the > symbol at the end.

The above code would be changed to the following:
    <!-- For 8800 series, hide the icon for Cingular (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties. -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <!-- For non-8800 series, show the icon for all carriers except Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties. -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_internal_gps.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource_en.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>

Save the file (as the same name) when you are done.

LINK to the thread

It works perfectly on at&t's 8310 with 4.2.2.170 OS
    07-19-08 11:08 AM
    Thanks for the help!
    07-19-08 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD