I'm not having much luck with

t lthe stock

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 12:55 PM
    Your post is incomplete, but I can see from your user info that you have a Verizon 8330. Verizon disables the internal GPS on their BlackBerries. You can only use it with their subscription-based VZNav application. You won't be able to use BBMaps with it.

Google Maps is a free GPS application that can approximate your position based on the Cell Tower you are using. You can use Google Maps, or you can buy an external bluetooth GPS. There are several models available in the CrackBerry store.
    10-30-08 01:03 PM
    Jeff, thanks for your help and effort to respond to that ridiculous post!!! sorry about that. It was the first time I've posted from my BB!! I guess I hit the wrong button. What I was trying to ask is is there a better general map application available for BB? I'm not trying to use GPS, just want to be able to get locations and see streets on my Curve. I travel a lot in small towns in southern Maine. I was frustrated today because I couldn't find a lot of streets on my BB maps application. I use Google and Yahoo a lot on my laptop and can usually locate most streets. I see you said Google has an Application for BB, is it better than the one that is preloaded? Thanks for the help.
    10-30-08 08:14 PM
    It is free and gets your position within a few hundred meters based on cell tower triangulation. I use it and it works for me on VZW.
    10-30-08 08:20 PM
    b15 thanks for that, I just downloaded it!! It is very cool, this will be much better!! Thanks again!!!
    10-30-08 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD