hi, yes i am a new user to crack berry.
    but i just got my new[used] bb 8310 for at&t.
    and i was just messing around with settings and stuff.
    and my friend tells me i need to update the OS.
    so we go and try to do it.
    next thing i see on my bb desktop manager, is its say "fatal error" when it was doing everything.
    and i just freaked out. cause after that my bb didnt work...
    any help please??
    03-18-09 02:11 PM
    03-18-09 02:12 PM
    call att they should help you, the fact that it is used might have something to do with it, if anything they will transfer u over to blackberry and do a step by step process
    03-18-09 02:13 PM
    Definitely try the link above by Trem and if that doesn't work, you can try the link in my sig on how to recover a dead berry or CrackMem. I highly DON'T recommend calling AT&T for help with OS issues. Its been my experience that they don't know and IF you are lucky enough to be transferred to Blackberry, you may be told that its YOUR fault for updating.

I bricked my berry twice in the beginning when I was updating my OS
    and through the links in my sig line; I was able to bring it back successfully WITHOUT ever calling AT&T. Trust me, its a whole lot easier than it looks; I've been there a few times and it was scary however I made it through.

~Jazzi~

Please keep us informed on how its going. I would like to know if you are successful and/or if you need more assistance.

03-18-09 06:56 PM
    If you're not comfortable doing it yourself then definitely take it in to a store and have them do it. Unless your reps are like all mine around here. They all bricked their berries updating the os. I had to help them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 07:14 PM
    thanks everybody for the help.
    ive actually tried the linked page.
    it didnt do anything either..
    and im not really afraid to do any of the things.
    i love modding.
    but i sent the phone back today from where i bought it and i think im getting a exchange or something.
    so hopefully ill be back to the forums not too lone.
    gonna figure out how to update it. without it dying on me this time..
    03-18-09 09:59 PM
    you have to be sure to follow the steps in the upgrade steps COMPLETELY, or else the same thing could happen again.
    03-18-09 10:06 PM
    If you're new to the BB world I'd be careful trying to fix too many problems. It sounds like being unfamiliar with blackberry is how the problem occurred in the first place.

I don't mean to sound harsh, just trying to save you more headaches potentially.
    03-18-09 10:08 PM
    Yea im with sultan, sounds like not being too familiar with your berry is what caused the issue. I would highly recommend you know exactly what your doing when doing an update and be comfortable with your device so something like this wont happen again. I do hope you get your problem worked out. If you need any help feel free to PM me anytime and ill guide you through the updating process.
    03-18-09 10:11 PM
    If you need any help feel free to PM me anytime and ill guide you through the updating process.
    ....Exactly why this site is so great....
    03-18-09 10:14 PM
    Folks here have been wonderful in helping me -- strongly recommend their advice.
    03-19-09 02:00 PM
    Folks here have been wonderful in helping me -- strongly recommend their advice.
    x2 x2 x2 x2 good place!!
    03-19-09 02:15 PM
    lol, thanks everybody.
    well, i sent the phone back and got a refund. :]
    then i bought another one so im just waiting until i get it. :]

[stupid mail...]
    03-26-09 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD