I have been having a issue with my BB for a while now. More as in the week after I got it from T-Mo. The issue is that at times when I look at my BB it would be a blank white screen, to which I would have to do a battery pull. And the other issue would be, randomly it would reboot it self, sometimes more than once. Recently its been doing it often, and now I've gotten a "Error App 200 Reset", about 3 times now. Not at once but days apart.

So for this situation I called T-Mo, and at first they said its a sim problem, they gave me a new sim. The problem was still there. I called them back they walked me through a reinstallation of the OS. Didn't seem to work. Nor did the tech seem to know what he was telling me to do.

The situation here was that, they told me when I reinstall the OS, or do an upgrade, my BB would clear out any apps or anything I had within the phone, as if it was back to factory settings. As I tried this, instead it taking more then 1/2 hr to install, it took 30 secs, and all my information was still there. Both the T-Mo representative, and I were confused.

I tried the instructions from here on reinstalling the OS/upgrading it. But each time I try, my desktop manager keeps telling me there is no update, nor does it prompt me to reinstalling the OS.

What am I doing wrong? My BB has since rebooted 4 times since last night.

Help!!!
    07-21-08 09:46 AM
    You need to make sure you have the new OS installed to your computer. If it is not from your carrier, you need to delete the Vendor XML file. Look in the beta forum for the thread titled "proper procedure for upgrading and downgrading". GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 09:51 AM
    Check out the link in my signature for Proper Upgrade/Downgrade Procedure

That is the one Crucial is referring to
    07-21-08 10:01 AM
    it took 30 secs, ...
    That is a give a way.

The reason it only takes a couple seconds is, Applications Loader does not see a valid OS installation.

The reason is, the Vender.xml file is still there. That file is created each time the OS install runs.

Lets test a couple things first.

Open Windows Control Panel and verify you have both Desktop Manager and a device OS installed. There should be two BlackBerry installed programs.

Next, open Windows / Computer and navigate to C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Scroll to the bottom and look for Vender.xml.

I suspect you will find it there. Delete it and run AL again.
    07-21-08 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD