I sometimes wonder if Im a jynx to frozen devices (this was the same for my Treo)... but I barely got mine last thursday and it just seemed to have "died" on me last night. I put the phone in "sleep" mode by pushing the mute button. When I jump on the bus this morning, nothing! I pushed mute, power and everything. I thought maybe the battery died last night but when I took the battery out and back in, it turned on with some battery still left (about maybe 1/3)

is this a common thing?
    12-26-07 10:03 AM
    No it is not common. But it could be a specific problem with your device.

Charge the battery back to 100%, and see how it goes a few more days. Don't run the battery down to 15-20%, charge as needed during the day to top it off.

You may have left some applications running in the background, that needed to be closed, such as an active browser page, gps, or something.
    12-26-07 10:20 AM
    I've always wondered why people even bother put the device in 'sleep' mode...
    12-26-07 10:29 AM
    or standby, whatever it's called... does it honestly do anything as far as battery life?

And to come to think of it, I might have left brickstellar running in the background but when I took the battery out and put it back in, the started with some battery life, so I figured it wasn't the battery that didn't die

EDIT: This happened again where I let the phone go on idle and forgot that I have to hold down the power button for a couple of seconds instead of just pushing it
    Last edited by Linda_SoCal; 12-26-07 at 12:02 PM.
    12-26-07 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD