Hi Guys,
    I was trying to activate my replacement Pearl for the last 5 hours, but Verzon's site's been down or working slowly. I just clicked on BlackBerry devices and they have the Curve listed for sale, but the pic's not up yet.

Here's the info and pricing:
    BlackBerry� Curve� 8330 Smartphone

2.0 Megapixel Camera
    Bluetooth
    BroadbandAccess
    Music Player
    Removable Memory
    VZ Navigator
    2-yr Contract Price $319.99
    Online Discount - 100.00

Your Price $219.99

Plus $50 Mail-in Rebate
    05-04-08 02:42 AM
    If I had 10 posts, I would have pasted the URL, sorry.
    05-04-08 02:50 AM
    Pretty good info I bet the site is flooded with cb users already ordering it lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-08 02:52 AM
    Hehe... Verizon was just trying to get the phone out... forgot the image...

05-04-08 03:28 AM
    I got red 8830 the end of February. I love it but really miss the camera. If I were to sell my 8830 (it's in perfect condition) and get the Curve it looks like I would have to pay $439 for the Curve since I am not eligable for an upgrade. It looks like the Red 8830's are going for $200-$250 on ebay (used). How would I go about getting my phone ready to sell and then getting the Curve set up with all my current info?
    Would I be silly to do this or should I give it a try?
    I am just not sure how to go about wiping out my info and then getting it on the Curve if I sell my current one.
    05-04-08 08:38 AM
    just brought mines today for $154 not bad I hope I like it or to my little brother it will go.
    05-04-08 10:53 AM
    I got red 8830 the end of February. I love it but really miss the camera. If I were to sell my 8830 (it's in perfect condition) and get the Curve it looks like I would have to pay $439 for the Curve since I am not eligable for an upgrade. It looks like the Red 8830's are going for $200-$250 on ebay (used). How would I go about getting my phone ready to sell and then getting the Curve set up with all my current info?
    Would I be silly to do this or should I give it a try?
    I am just not sure how to go about wiping out my info and then getting it on the Curve if I sell my current one.
    You might want to wait a little bit. If you are a My Account Customer (meaning you can log on to Verizon's website and view your account online), you can upgrade your phone annually.

Enter your location
    05-04-08 11:08 AM
    I still can't get over the fact that Verizon don't have a photo of the device on the website...
    05-04-08 11:18 AM
    I still can't get over the fact that Verizon don't have a photo of the device on the website...
    Lol... tell me about it. I don't think they've realized it yet. I see Sprint making a mistake like this.

05-04-08 11:44 AM
    Someone was probably in a rush to get home lol.. Just a broken image link...
    05-04-08 11:45 AM
    They are too busy filling the new orders for the Curve to update the Pics on the website
    05-04-08 11:47 AM
    It's gone now
    05-04-08 12:02 PM
    It's gone now
    lol. Someone in Web dev flipped the switch too soon.

I wonder if Verizon was tracking any of the orders that may've come through. Hope so for the customers' sake.
    05-04-08 12:09 PM
    I too am not able to use the new every 2 discount- got my pearl last December. I called Verizon and they said that the Curve was going to cost 439.00 and I would get a $50.00 rebate. Is there any further discount if I order on the web? I saw the $100.00 discount there but is that only for the "new every 2"? I hope the Curve is worth the money! Everyone on the forums seems to love it. I had the 8830 and had problems so I traded for the Pearl last December because it was literally the only other alternative with Verizon. I miss the bigger screen and full keyboard...
    05-04-08 12:29 PM
    I too am not able to use the new every 2 discount- got my pearl last December. I called Verizon and they said that the Curve was going to cost 439.00 and I would get a $50.00 rebate. Is there any further discount if I order on the web? I saw the $100.00 discount there but is that only for the "new every 2"? I hope the Curve is worth the money! Everyone on the forums seems to love it. I had the 8830 and had problems so I traded for the Pearl last December because it was literally the only other alternative with Verizon. I miss the bigger screen and full keyboard...
    When I talked to Verizon, they wouldn't even try to guess at a price for the phone. Assuming the screenshot isn't a Photoshop ( - nice work if it is!), I doubt the 8330 will cost $400+.

The $100 discount is given to anyone that orders via the Web. The Treo's had the same discount. So, personally, I don't understand why ANYONE would ever walk into a Verizon store and buy anything.
    05-04-08 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD