Hey all,

I went to Verizon and they gave me a three-pack of trackballs for my Curve, which was very nice of them. When I got home, I put one in and discovered that the pack they gave me must have been for the Pearl Flip berry because the white ring was slightly smaller around it and it was not responsive like the other one (I had this issue before). I replaced the old trackball and I had to use another chrome bezel, I just want to make sure that all the chrome bezels are the same...I know the white rings are different for some reason on them (one is for the Curve and the other ones are for the Pearl...) I had to use a chrome bezel from the 3-pack I got so I want to make sure they are all the same...

Thanks!
    08-16-09 10:58 AM
    IMO--You should go back to the store and ask if they can swap em out for the ones for your phone. Maybe someone else can use those for their phone
    08-16-09 11:04 AM
    Yeah, well I am going back to the Verizon store later, sure enough, they gave me the wrong trackball - the one for the Pearl...grr...

When I called the same store, they told me they didn't even have any Curve trackballs...LOL

So, I am gonna have to go to another store now, who actually has the right trackball...

Thanks for your help!
    08-16-09 11:37 AM
    Anyone know what the difference is between the Pearl trackball and the Curve trackball? I just feel like they gave me the wrong one again and I want to make sure they didn't...
    08-16-09 02:32 PM
    What is the white ring around the ball that you are referring to? Is it the one that surrounds the ball, the top plastic piece of the trackball assembly?

The Curve and Pearl use the same trackball, there is no such thing as a Pearl trackball and a Curve trackball. I've interchanged the trackballs between my Pearl and Curve on many occasions and there is no difference in function.
    08-16-09 02:45 PM
    The white ring...the trackball just seems different...
    08-16-09 02:53 PM
    There is a difference with the retaining rings on the Pearl and Curve, although they fit, the "Lip" on them is different. When I had a Pearl, I popped a Curve trackball ring on it when I got the 8900 black trackball, it popped in just fine, but my trackball was recessed, or lower than with the Pearl trackball ring...
    08-16-09 03:06 PM
    I think I am being obsessive and I may be noticing something that only you know who sees lol thanks! I will survive!!! I'm singing the song now hahaha thanks SD!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 03:17 PM
    My trackball still seems to have some resistance when I am rolling it around, unlike before which was fine...I took it out and blew compressed air in it, still nothing...what could it be?
    08-16-09 09:04 PM
    Anyone?? Sorry I am so anxious, it's just that I am going on a trip soon and would like to get this over with
    Last edited by BerrySky; 08-16-09 at 09:59 PM.
    08-16-09 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD