Ok, I have had 3 different Blackberries in the past month. I first had the Pearl, which was great but the SureType Keyboard was annoying, so then I decided to get the Blackberry 8800, great phone but the lack of camera and size was a nono for me. So I now have an unlocked version of the 8300.

My phone lags a lot, the Pearl was snappy and so was the 8800.

Does the Curve use an inferior processor? I have looked everywhere but I cannot seem to find the processor speeds etc.

Has anyone else encountered the same issue?
    06-21-07 01:02 PM
    Absolutely. My Curve seems to lag especially during screen changes. My previous BB was a Pearl.

Dan
    06-21-07 06:16 PM
    Ok, I have had 3 different Blackberries in the past month. I first had the Pearl, which was great but the SureType Keyboard was annoying, so then I decided to get the Blackberry 8800, great phone but the lack of camera and size was a nono for me. So I now have an unlocked version of the 8300.

My phone lags a lot, the Pearl was snappy and so was the 8800.

Does the Curve use an inferior processor? I have looked everywhere but I cannot seem to find the processor speeds etc.

Has anyone else encountered the same issue?
    Mine seems fine...faster than my old Palm Treo 650 that's for sure. The BB Curve has a fast 312MHz processor, and by comparison, the BB Pearl and the BB 8800 have the same 312MHz processor, and the Samsung BlackJack has 220MHz processor. Here are the BB Curve's Specs you're looking for (click on "Specs")...

BlackBerry® Curve Cell Phone - AT&T, formerly Cingular Wireless
    Last edited by sflgator; 06-21-07 at 07:42 PM.
    06-21-07 07:36 PM
    I had a Pearl as well and I actually find my curve quicker. The pearl was always loading something (little spinning hourglass). I find the difference especialy noticeable in the multimedia section- playing video or pictures is a breeze with the curve, a nightmare with the Pearl.
    Plus the full QWERTY... there's just no substitute in my eyes!
    Last edited by CF Doc; 06-24-07 at 06:38 PM.
    06-22-07 10:15 PM
    I agree! The Curve is certainly slower, going through menus and the likes, than the 8800...
    06-23-07 09:09 AM
    Mine is ok.. I guess it depends on the OS you use too. Try deleting apps that you dont need.
    06-23-07 03:41 PM
    I had 8800 now the curve seems to process the same but one notable difference for me seems to be the html browser seems to much faster. Anybody notice the difference?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-07 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD