Apparently one of the features in the Curve is cleaning of sensitive data when (if the feature is turned on) the BB is inserted into its holster. What I would like would be to have my entries of passwords deleted that I had used when signing onto financial and other sensitive sites. Is this what "data cleaning" does? If so, how does the feature identify password entries from other data that I typed in or received? Thanks.
    Last edited by anybob1; 01-23-09 at 02:41 PM. Reason: clarification
    01-23-09 02:40 PM
    By sites, I assume you mean from the browser?

clearing out the browser cache (or anything that I could gather from there) is not one of the options that you have in the Memory Cleaning program. It is more to clear up memory loss issues than to protect sensitive data. If you're concerned about sensitive data getting in the wrong hands just delete all of that information as soon as you finish using it from the browser.
    01-23-09 03:30 PM
    when logging into a site that login info is stored via a cookie so clearing you browser cache like chadec said will take care of that, are you refering to the option under Security? I would not recomend using the Password Keeper and also remove that module and any others not needed via DM, CrackMem or BB Master Control Program. You'll gain some space. I never trust password keepers or manager, i'm IT Sec, those software packages are like a one stop shop for me, a gold mine of all your logins, where you have been like banking sites etc... I put them almost on the same level as a key logger.
    01-23-09 05:39 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion re the password keeper. The Sprint BB tech also reported that this was a place to hold passwords, under protection of yet another password, and as such of limited value to me. So I won't be using it. Re emptying the browser cache... how do I do that? Would that eliminate my bookmarks? Sorry for dumb questions... I'm a recent acquirer of a BB curve and it is taking some time to figure this out.
    01-25-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD