I have a Curve 8320 and my screen has some scratches and it is a little cloudy on one side.

I went to the BB Repair site and see that they can sell me the part to replace.

My question is has anyone here done this themself and how easy is it?

I am handy and have no problem doing it myself but wouldn't want to do more damage.

Thanks in advance for you help.
    03-05-09 09:14 AM
    it dont look hard to me..
    you can google install instructions, they pop up on you tube and its step by step looks simple enough..

also if you buy the parts from soem websites you can download or print the PDF of the instructions...

heres a decent site i found for parts, https://www.fonlogix.us/BlackBerry-P...FQUWGgodND8imQ
    03-05-09 11:11 AM
    You won't have any problem. These phones are easy to take apart and put back together. Like Jaybird says, just look for a You tube video. Make sure you get the right screw drivers, watch a video, and you will be good to go....
    03-05-09 02:40 PM
    Thank you for the input. Have either of you ever done it? I know it looks easy but is it. Many years ago I was told I could add memory to a Compaq laptop. It was easy getting to the memory but they neglected to tell me there was a fine ribbon cable that was very delicate. So when this broke it became a big deal. Good thing was that Compaq told me to do it so they repaired it. I hope you see where I am coming from. I don't mean to offend anyone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 04:00 PM
    I just replaced mine yesterday. Bought the screen off of ebay for 10$. It wasn't too hard to replace the screen. Make sure you get the adhesive to go with it. Don't let it stick to you fingers either! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 05:10 PM
    I changed my housing myself too. I was absolutely terrified that I'd break my Berry but it really was as easy as it looks. I've heard of people over-tightening the screws and having them break so I was really careful about that.
    03-05-09 07:46 PM
    if you browse that link I posted up there for you.. and then you find the screen for your BB, you can search there PDF's and they show you the tools needed and sell them there as well..
    also i belive there screens come wiht everything you need to take it off and put it back on.. i want to do mine but figured i will wait till it gets worse...
    03-06-09 09:37 AM
    You dont hae to take the berry apart to change the screen, you just peel it off from the speaker hole in the top, peel it off, apply adhesive to the new one if it hasnt got it placed on there yet, and stick back on. done, takes 30 seconds. You may want to melt the adhesive onthe current a lil, a hairdryer will help, not for long though, that will make it easier to pry off. I just used my finger nail to slide it in there, and pulled.
    03-06-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD