Hello everyone.

I am new to the BB device, but not new to cellphones - I consider myself pretty savvy.

So enter my husband's beat-up BB Curve 8310. I have read all the forums here including the ones on how to restore the BB & how to recover a dead BB - thus far nothing has worked. So I am bringing it to the masses hoping to stir up some suggestions.

Here is the problem. The BB just does it own thing. I turn it on and it goes through the setup wizard for me. If I am trying to make another selection, it will just choose whatever menu is close by and make selections. Last night after doing the restore, I left the phone alone. It was fine when I set it down. This morning the phone attempted to send out almost 9 text messages, by itself!

I am thinking that it could be as simple as a trackball cleaning/replacement or as serious as this thing is dead and I just need to find a new one.

Any help, stories or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    06-16-09 01:33 PM
    I had a 8300 that did the same thing. If I left it in the messages area it would attempt to reply nothing to the last person. One time I made the mistake of leaving it in the address book. It attempted to call the first person on my contacts.

The first time it happened I sent it in for a warranty exchange. The second time it happened I took off the little sticker covering the trackball button. I wiped it up with alcohol and let it dry out. Then I replaced the sticker with a band-aid made square. My reasoning behind it is the button is shorting out. The band-aid would let the fluid dry out over time.

I recommend you try the warranty first if possible. I don't think I've seen or heard about anyone trying my method..
    06-16-09 02:01 PM
    Need more detail when you start the phone up please. If you are thinking it is trying to send or do in a app besure to hit menu and close instead of escaping out of the apps.
    You mention restoring the curve so what happened ??
    06-16-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD