every time i try to use my camera i get this error saying..
    "could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again."
    i've close all apps and nothing seems to work..

can someone please help me!?!?!?
    04-20-08 04:40 PM
    Have you done a battery pull? With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in. Also, do a search. There are other threads with your problem already.
    04-20-08 04:48 PM
    There are times when searching is not very productive.

I had to go to advanced search and got a hit in posts to the following.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cam...g-curve-14414/

Dates from last January, no replys.
    04-20-08 05:17 PM
    I had the same problem. Tried everything including a complete wipe of the phone. AT&T ended up replacing it under warranty.
    04-20-08 07:03 PM
    I'm convinced there is something wrong with the camera.
    Used an older version of dm and reloaded the older curve os and I still get the same crap.
    Now I finally give up. I never used the camera feature on my last phone so its not that big of a deal for me. It would still be nice to have. Maybe the new os coming out will help. I'll just have to wait

We're here. Sometimes it takes more than 8 minutes to get a solution to your problem.

I think I recommended on another forum that you get your device replaced by your carrier. You can try transferring any pictures to your pc and/or reloading the OS first just to see if that helps.
    A defective device is John Clark's best call.
    Last edited by Stoner; 04-20-08 at 07:45 PM.
    04-20-08 07:42 PM
    Maybe we can get it straightened out this time.

Has your Camera worked in the past?

If so, what has changed?

If it has never worked, it is most likely a defect in the device.
    04-20-08 08:58 PM
    my camera worked fine at first.. then suddenly that happened...
    got the phone last Aug the camera gave up on me a end of feb.

i've been trying everything.. did the battery pull and wiped my bb..

but nothing seems to work.. i bought my phone unlocked so i dont think ATT would replace it since i am using it through Tmobile and all..
    04-21-08 03:27 AM
    That is promising, if it worked at one time it means all the internal components did work. Infant mortality is a fact of life with electronics.

Did you install or change any software before the problem started?

In particular, are you using the original AT&T OS or have you installed another version?
    04-21-08 10:20 AM
    BBrepairshop.com - BlackBerry Repair Services for BlackBerry 8100, 8120, 8130, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8800, 8830

Just one of several service shops for BlackBerry. Interesting to note, they do not offer a fixed price Camera repair. There is a link to contact them for a specific service quote.
    04-21-08 12:19 PM
    yea, could someone help me with this problem also. I did battery pulls and reset but i still get the error. The camera worked for my friend but he used the phone on tmobile. Btw, the phone is unlocked but im still using it on ATT. He told me the camera worked perfectly before he sold it to me (which was two days ago) and i trust him. So what can be the problem? I reloaded the OS and everything. Could it be this "IT" policy or something? THanks in advance!
    04-30-08 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD