i really guess i should have posted this here first. but i really need help. it keeps stopping the upgrade after the backup at the starting device radio step and im really confused
    10-03-09 12:10 PM
    I agree, you will get a much wider reponse here then in a carrier specific subforum.

im uograding my BB to a cellular south 4.5.0.169 os and i deleted my vendor.xml file, i just dont know what to do after opening apploader, its telling me "once complete, you must activate your device wirelessly" and im clueless.
    The upgrade fails at turning on the device radio. could this be because i deleted sprints vendor.xml then once the cellular south update was installed on my laptop i deleted the cellular south vendor.xml?
    The first thing to check is the compatibility of the OS software. If your Curve is an 8330m, it must have OS software for that model.

What is the exact file name of the OS you are trying to install?
    This verison is specific to the 8330m, just to be sure.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...ficial-296703/
    10-03-09 12:26 PM
    it is for my model, but here is the file name:
    8330mAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel281_PL3.4.0.51_A4.5.0.169_Ce llular_South.exe
    so it is for my BB just not for my carrier.
    was i supposed to copy the sprint vendor.xml install the cellular south OS then put my sprint vendor.xml back and upgrade, or do i upgrade with the cellular south vendor.xml?
    10-03-09 12:33 PM
    That is the correct OS.

Vendor.xml is a security file that will prevent you from accidentaly loading it in to just any BlackBerry. In order to work around the security, delete the file. It will then allow Applications Loader to recognize it as an Install source.

The upgrade fails at turning on the device radio. ...
    If I understand correctly, you have installed both the BlackBerry Desktop Software and this device OS software.

You were able to locate the vendor.xml file and delete it.

BlackBerry Desktop Manger or Applications Loader was able to connect to your BlackBerry.

Exactly, where did the failure occure?
    10-03-09 12:42 PM
    it starts the upgrade by turning off the radio, then it backs everything up, then it turns the radio back on and thats where it fails. ill make a video.
    10-03-09 12:50 PM
    Got you now, it is happening near the start of the process when it goes looking for it's radio.

At this stage, with my GSM only experience, I have never encountered that.

Perhaps some other members have?
    10-03-09 12:58 PM
    i think RIM hates me
    10-03-09 01:52 PM
    well, after fully upgrading BBDM to 5.0, the upgrade works.since im upgrading from a Cellular South OS, will i have the cellular south boot logo?
    10-03-09 02:27 PM
    well, it finished, i have sprint boot logo, and im running setup wiz.
    YIPEEE!!!!
    10-03-09 02:54 PM
    So now i just send service books? idk how to do that...
    10-03-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD