So earlier at work today, I whipped out my phone, and accidentally dropped it..... (whoops)

It flew into many pieces, but everything seems to be ok...except the trackball ring. The prongs broke off of it, except for one, so, obviously it won't stay in place now.

Since it won't stay in place, there's nothing to keep the trackball on/in the phone, so it keeps falling out as well.

Now, obviously, what I need now is a replacement trackball ring (trackball still works fine, so just the ring)....

Where can I get one for a very small amount of money yet still one that is properly made and will fit/work?

Thanks
    12-23-10 09:58 PM
    you can find them with the trackball for about 99 cents on ebay. Depending where you live you may want to grab one locally or order one but most of the cheaper ebay ones are coming from Hong Kong so there is slightly longer wait
    Last edited by aznlgcy; 12-23-10 at 10:06 PM.
    12-23-10 10:04 PM
    you can find them with the trackball for about 99 cents on ebay. Depending where you live you may want to grab one locally or order one but most of the cheaper ebay ones are coming from Hong Kong so there is slightly longer wait
    Alright, thanks...

on eBay I found an OEM replacement within the US for $2.66 and a non-OEM in Hong Kong for $1.45....the non-OEM has a variety of colors which might be cool but then again, it's not OEM so I don't really know if I can expect it to be a snug fit that works properly.
    12-23-10 10:24 PM
    I have neever found issues with the non-OEM ones but just make sure the seller lists that it comes with the trackball ring as some sell it without the ring
    12-23-10 10:52 PM
    non oem and oem rings are the same(i dont think anyone have oem ring....)
    here is lot of 10 $9.79 free shipping from us
    10 New Blackberry 8100 8300 8800 Series Colorful Trackball Rings Blackberry Accessories
    12-24-10 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD