Well i LOVE this phone with the exception of the RESTARTING ISSUE.

I have not installed any programs on the BB but i HAVE installed an 8gb chip (which about 3gb remains used - im still weary about putting 4+ gb) ... i have mostly mp3s on it and maybe 1 video.

I have t-mobile (obviously) and the phone restarts atleast 5x a day. usually in the middle of a call ... (ironically usually when someone is about to tell me something important) .. my phone restarts - the screen turns black the red button goes on and then the timer comes up ... maybe its the wifi in my house ... theres some security thing that comes up also everytime i start the phone.

i ALSO have 1x missed call ALL the time....

do you guys think that its the chip? PLEASE HELP! i got the phone about a month ago and im thinkin about returning it!
    03-11-08 11:25 PM
    There's a high probability that it is your media card. An 8gb media card is not officially supported by the Curve. I would recommend removing it and seeing if that solves your problem.
    03-12-08 12:42 AM
    I had to return my 8820 a day after I got it, as it also restarted all by itself and crashed (had a 2GB card in it).

New phone is 100%, I'd take yours back.

Patrick
    03-12-08 12:49 AM
    yeah im going to take the chip out for a while and see if it still does it ... has anyone else had that problem w/ the 8gb card?
    03-12-08 01:53 AM
    I read somewhere that the curve won't even recognise the 8 GB card, leave alone work correct.

Does it still reboot after taking it out?
    03-12-08 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD