I just got this phone used last night and everything works great. I was going to go buy a memory car for it today, so I thought I would look online and open it up to see how and wear to install it. The sim card has a door the memory card spot does not. Is there a way around this? I know I read that you place it in the door and slide it on the connectors.

I have done a search and nothing.

Please help as I need extra memory.

Thanks
    08-04-09 11:47 AM
    maybe look for a door to install on it? that is just weird and maybe the reason the person sold it. where did you buy it or who did you buy it from?
    08-04-09 11:49 AM
    I got it off of the local Craigslist. The guy was nice enough sat down in his place he showed me everything gave me a free leather case from his new Bold BB. Aside from the door its great no problems. Just no memory door. I havent got a card yet and not sure if I can just lay it on there and press it down with something between the card and the battery. I just thought I would ask on here to get some ideas.
    08-04-09 12:02 PM
    I would search to see if you could buy a battery door and intall it...I don't think it could be too complicated. You could always try to just lay it down in there and then put the batter on, but i think the media card would side and I wouldn't recomend taping it down either. The inside could get hot and melt down the tape.
    08-04-09 12:11 PM
    I found a few places on Craigslist that do the repairs like doors for $20 cnd so it might be worth it to let an expert do it so i can have peace of mind. Even had issues like that or are you more carefull with your phone. lol
    08-04-09 12:29 PM
    You should def go to a repair shop!!
    I bought my phone brand new so there wasn't anything to worry about...and yes I am as careful as I can be with my phone. It has had its falls tho. :/
    08-04-09 12:41 PM
    The places I am going to are shops not someone in there basement. Thought I would clarify since i wasn't clear.
    I am just trying to decide on a memory card and see so many 4gb cards. So many 4gb under one brand name how do i choose.
    08-04-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD