CrackBerry Community,

Hopefully you can help me out! I have a Verizon BB 8330 and for the last couple of days my BB, has been reseting constantly! The screen goes white, the LED goes red and the hour glass comes up and restarts. A few times it even resets and gets as far as the VZW logo and resets again. Its happening about 5-7 times a day.

Hopefully you can help!!!
    Last edited by tCLiSEm; 05-02-09 at 10:45 AM.
    04-06-09 06:26 PM
    You could try a wipe and see if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 06:39 PM
    CrackBerry Community,

Hopefully you can help me out! I have a Verizon BB 8330 and for the last couple of days my BB, has been reseting constantly! The screen goes white, the LED goes red and the hour glass comes up and restarts. A few times it even resets and gets as far as the VZW logo and resets again. Its happening about 5-7 times a day.

Here is a list of Apps I have
    -BB App World
    -Bloomberg
    -CNN Launcher
    -Documents To Go (updated to have excel cell tables, 1.006.051)
    -Facebook (came installed on the BB)
    -Opera Mini
    -Shazam
    -The Hockey News Mobile
    -USA Today Launcher

I had and removed recently
    -Viigo
    -Pandora
    -Slacker
    -iHEARTradio
    -WeatherEye

Hopefully you can help!!!
    You do have a software conflict on the phone & I would start deleting programs one by one until it stops rebooting.
    I have read that FaceBook is not a good app. to have on the phone.
    Do you think you might have too many radio programs on the phone & they are all hitting on the same memory "module" at the same time?
    If I were you I would try deleting programs one by one with a battery pull if the phone doesn't reboot on it's own before I did an OS software re-install.That should always be a last resort.
    Good Luck
    04-06-09 06:50 PM
    I would start deleting apps in order that they were last loade, Last On First Off, personally. Especially if it just started recently.

04-06-09 07:03 PM
    It's good you wiped your media card. Does that mean you formatted it? It's better to format your memory card rather than just erase the files on it.

Sometimes there is a corrupted file/file system on the memory card that causes the exact symptoms you described.

04-06-09 08:50 PM
    My curve has been rebooting on its own a few times a day lately. I wiped it,and deleted several apps not in use, was fine for a few days then started rebooting again. I had called Verizon several times during all this and now they are sending me a new phone tomorrow.
    04-06-09 09:22 PM
    I had the same problem on my 8320. Tmobile sent me several replacement handsets but did not include a replacement battery, and each replacement handset had the same problem of resetting and freezing. The local Tmobile corporate store gave me a replacement battery and I have not had any resetting/freezing problems since installing the replacement battery.
    04-06-09 09:46 PM
    It's good you wiped your media card. Does that mean you formatted it? It's better to format your memory card rather than just erase the files on it.

Sometimes there is a corrupted file/file system on the memory card that causes the exact symptoms you described.

I did reformat the media card. I actually had a few Windows Mobile files and program files on it.

Also,
    I removed some apps that I think may of been a issue and,

So far all of today with medium use and no unwanted resets!!!
    Thanks everyone
    04-07-09 05:31 PM
    Hopefully, that was the problem.

04-07-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD