I have setup an event in my calendar for a meeting every week that i attend. One week the meeting was rescheduled and i tried to reschedule it on my BB. When i changed the date, i get this error message after attempting to save:

"Can not reschedule: date skips over a later or earlier occurrence"

I opened just that occurrence of the meeting as i didn't want to reschedule them all for the changed date. Does anyone know how to get around that message?
    04-07-08 01:10 PM
    Mmm, did you try to edit it after the supposed time of the meeting? I get that error message too w/ weekly briefings that I always have scheduled.
    04-07-08 01:14 PM
    I'm trying to edit it before the meeting was scheduled to happen. for example, my meeting on the 17th of April i am trying to change to the 18th and i get that message.
    04-07-08 01:16 PM
    That's because BB's calendar sux!

Anyways, when you first go to edit, make sure you choose "open this occurrence" rather than "open the series", that way you only change that specific date rather than all of them.
    Let me know if this works....also, if it's a past occurrence that you want to change, meaning for let's say the 4 of April that you want to change to the 7 (let's say the date change but you still want to keep record of it in your calendar) when you click on save it's going to tell you that the alarm/notification cannot be set b/c it's a past occurrence...just hit ok and it will still change the date just no alarm (which makes no sense anyway b/c it's a past date) Capice?!
    04-07-08 02:45 PM
    I am opening it as "open this occurrence" and it is a future meeting i am trying to reschedule.
    04-07-08 02:56 PM
    You want honesty? The easiest way to do what you are asking is to just create a new standalone appointment for that one meeting that has been pushed back.
    04-07-08 03:02 PM
    Hmm...did you try a soft reset first? If you haven't, do that and try again. I know some ppl are afraid of soft resets but they do not hinder the performance of your phone...it's good for it as it closes alot of programs that remain open in the background unnecessarily.
    Let me know.
    04-07-08 03:03 PM
    That's because BB's calendar sux!

Anyways, when you first go to edit, make sure you choose "open this occurrence" rather than "open the series", that way you only change that specific date rather than all of them.
    Let me know if this works....also, if it's a past occurrence that you want to change, meaning for let's say the 4 of April that you want to change to the 7 (let's say the date change but you still want to keep record of it in your calendar) when you click on save it's going to tell you that the alarm/notification cannot be set b/c it's a past occurrence...just hit ok and it will still change the date just no alarm (which makes no sense anyway b/c it's a past date) Capice?!
    I like your blunt answer. My 8310 is sitting next to me and I'm afraid to start using it. Just because of my dependence on the Calendar. I use Datebk5 on my Treo now. I wish there was a 3rd party BB calendar app. A good one that is. Is there?
    04-07-08 11:20 PM
    I am going crazy with the BB calendar. Mine has stopped notifing me of appointments and will not let me edit repeating events. I can save the edited event, but then get stuck in a circle of being asked if I want to Save, Discard or Cancel. I even did a complete wipe to get it to work. And still no luck! Please.... who knows a good calendar to download??
    04-08-08 12:14 AM
    I like your blunt answer.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to have one. I remember a member asking for one not too long ago and she didn't get a response either. I am not sure why BB's calendar is so hard to work with after all this is suppose to be a corporate-oriented smartphone. The main problem I believe is that there doesn't seem to have many developers for the BB. I am not sure if it has to do with customization difficulty or something else.
    04-08-08 08:42 AM

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to have one. I remember a member asking for one not too long ago and she didn't get a response either. I am not sure why BB's calendar is so hard to work with after all this is suppose to be a corporate-oriented smartphone. The main problem I believe is that there doesn't seem to have many developers for the BB. I am not sure if it has to do with customization difficulty or something else.
    With all the thousands or millions? of BB users out here, sure does seem like a nice business opportunity for a good programmer/developer. I would love Pimlico to give us Datebk for BB!
    04-08-08 08:26 PM
    Let' start bombarding them with emails
    04-09-08 01:47 PM
    With all the thousands or millions? of BB users out here, sure does seem like a nice business opportunity for a good programmer/developer. I would love Pimlico to give us Datebk for BB!
    Software developers (and many Blackberry users) think of the devices as mere email appliances. As a result, users and software developers have not taken advantage of the device�s full potential. But, I think this will soon change. Devices like the Curve and the Pearl are luring customers away from Windows and Palm. These user are use to better calendars, to do lists, MSOffice viewers and editors, media, and an array of third party software that let them customize their devices in infinite ways.

You want the New York Times audio edition delivered to your phone automatically every morning before you head out to work? You can get it for Palm or Windows (the Blackberry version is available, but buggy). Medical encyclopedias, currency converters, cooking timers, bird watching guide it�s all out there. Blackberries will catch up some day.
    04-09-08 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD