I have OS .131 and I have used the Send Address feature from BB Browser and when I choose PIN as the mode of transfer it creates an email to send the URLs. I was expecting it to send it via BB Messenger but it doesn't. Any one else notice this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 01:01 PM
    04-07-09 03:08 PM
    A PIN message is WAY different than BBMessenger. BBMessenger uses the PIN number to identify you since it is only a Blackberry service and the PIN is assigned to the device by RIM. Sending a PIN message is more like sending a SMS to someone.
    04-07-09 03:13 PM
    A PIN message is WAY different than BBMessenger. BBMessenger uses the PIN number to identify you since it is only a Blackberry service and the PIN is assigned to the device by RIM. Sending a PIN message is more like sending a SMS to someone.
    OK, thanks for clearing that up. I guess it only adds more questions though.

It seems like something from the department of redundancy department to offer MMS, SMS and PIN to the list of methods to send a URL if they are a lot alike. PIN messages are formatted like an email but they are more like an SMS? That's confusing. Sending pictures via BBMessenger is a menu option for pictures but not URLs? At least it is not offered when you select Send Address from the menu in the browser. I understand that I could go through the motions and do a copy/paste job to send a URL thru BBMessenger but it just seemed like it should be a built in choice for URLs since it is a choice for pictures. Feature request?
    04-08-09 10:58 AM
    SMS=short message service with a cell phone number.
    MMS=multi-media message service witha cell phone number.
    PIN=a message service only for BlackBerry phones that does not cost extra if you don't have a text message plan.
    When sending a picture or other FILE from BlackBerry messenger it is just a file transfer. Since a URL is not a file it sends it as a PIN message. PIN messages are in some ways like a SMS and a e-mail. PIN messages don't have a character limit like SMS but PIN messages are only on your phone not accessible from a computer. In short PIN messages are a text message service that is only offered on BlackBerry and BlackBerry messenger uses the PIN number for the messenger since it is only on BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD