I am wondering if there is a way to use the default bb browser to manage my RSS feeds. With Opera Mini and Bolt there is a Feed page, which I find very helpful..does the stock browser allow me to subscribe to and manage feeds? Thanks

Adam

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 11:59 AM
    If you use google reader have you tried Google Mobile | Reader for your phone
    04-06-09 12:02 PM
    I'll look into it, but I'm looking for something that will automatically update my rss feeds, does Reader do that?

04-06-09 12:05 PM
    It doesn't seem to let me add feeds, does anyone know if Viigo lets me subscribe to feeds on websites of my choosing?

04-06-09 12:15 PM
    Google Reader is great but doesn't provide for a way to notify you with new posts.

The built-in BB reader does allow you to subscribe to feeds (don't know which kinds - it always seems a bit ad-hoc to me) and offers a poor substitute for notfications in that if you set the feed's bookmark to "auto-synchronize," the bookmark title will be bold and in italics whenevr its updated (but you can only see this on the bookmark screen, as far as I can tell).

04-06-09 12:20 PM
    thank you, that's more info than I had before

04-06-09 12:25 PM
    No problem. And in response to your earlier question, Google Reader allows you to add/import feeds only from the full web version, not from the mobile one which is a pretty stripped down version (for example, unlike Newsgator it doesn't allow you to specify which feeds should show up in the mobile version and which should be on the desktop version). That said, it is, I think, the least painful method of accessing subscriptions on the go and, in the full version, has some pretty powerful tagging and search functions a la Gmail.
    04-07-09 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD