Is it just MY BB's battery life or are all BB battery like this?

I talked to my friend over the phone for 2.5 hrs maybe 3hrs and now the battery is almost gone.

Sorry, very noob question.
    01-03-08 12:10 AM
    There are many factors that can shorten your battery life like:
    * Blue Tooth,
    * Back light duration,
    * Volume,
    * 3th party program that polling info from the internet,
    * Temperature,

My Curve 8300 do get a decent 4 to 5 hours talk time with a wired hands free.

Sometimes you have to choose for SMS or email as alternative for a conversation to avoid 2 to 3 hours talk time while the relevant info could be managed in 3 of 4 SMS messages.

Daruba.
    01-03-08 12:22 AM
    It's the phone. Welcome to Blackberry, lol.

research on seidio batteries. you may be interested in one.
    01-03-08 02:38 AM
    Yea it all depends on the apps you were running and a bunchh of other factors but if you normally talk a lot then look into either a car charger or a upgraded battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-08 12:09 PM
    If you're not properly closing down your apps then that will make your battery go down.
    01-03-08 01:52 PM
    i'm def having the same problem. i bought that Brain Trainer application (from this site!) and since i bought it my battery seems to drain exceptionally fast.

Backlight set to 10 brightness @ 10 seconds

I unplugged my phone at 10:40AM and by 11:20AM (40 minutes) and no phone usage outside of checking a couple emails...

1/2 of a bar (5 bars total) was gone.

Yesterday, I barely used the phone to talk (1 hour total maybe) and within 14 hours my battery died. The same settings as above (10 bright/10 sec).

The only other 3rd party app I have is the Facebook app developed by RIM.
    01-07-08 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD