I sync between Outlook at my office to my Curve. I really like the curve, but this is a major annoyance. When dialing from the phonebook, any contact with a phone extension will have that extension blasted in their ear 3 seconds after they answer.

I'm not very techie, but have tried looking for a setting to turn this feature off. I also called T-Mobile help but they could not offer any solution.

Any ideas how to show extensions in my BB but not dial them automatically??
    04-29-08 07:50 AM
    If you're hitting thier phones directly, why do you have it set to pass the extension. Also, the extension dialing is prompt based, meaning that it displays on the screen if it should dial it after the initial number is dialed. You actually have to tell it to dial it if it's setup correctly.

For example, 123-555-0000 x123, if you were to highlight this number on the BB in any interface, even the Browser and hit dial, it'll dial the 123-555-0000 and then pop up a window with 123 and ask to dial or skip it.
    04-29-08 12:12 PM
    I did not describe properly. From my Address book, the extension is not designated "x" as it has been on my previous two BB's. On my new Curve it displays as "p" i.e. pause. I want to change it to "x". I have more than 3000 contacts and hundreds of which have extensions.

My question, How do I set it to ask, rather than passing the extension as you refer?
    04-30-08 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD