I have messed around with BBAlerts and searched CB for the past four days trying to remedy this issue. This app literally will NOT work for me. I have tried all recommended settings, tips, advice, suggestions... NOTHING. This application simply refuses to change the colour of my LED when receiving phone calls, SMS, MMS, Yahoo Messenger, BBM... And yet, curiously, the colour I have set for incoming emails functions properly. What the heck is going on here?
    09-25-08 01:02 PM
    Mine is doing this as well. I thought i was the only one.. I just took it as maybe my phone wasnt compatible. But seeing that you have the same problem i guess its not my device.
    09-25-08 01:05 PM
    Verizon BB 8330
    v4.5.0.77

BBAlerts v1.65

Works for me. I get green, red, purple, and blue led notifications.

Perhaps one of your other installed apps is interfering with the program?
    09-25-08 01:07 PM
    Nope - it's not just you. But obviously something is working correctly, because like I said - the colour of my LED did indeed change to what I set it for incoming emails.... Just nothing else works.
    09-25-08 01:07 PM
    Nope - it's not just you. But obviously something is working correctly, because like I said - the colour of my LED did indeed change to what I set it for incoming emails.... Just nothing else works.
    Mine dont even work for that. I have the same red led i always had..
    09-25-08 01:08 PM
    Jen, there's a BBSmart forum - I'm sure you knew. Ask in there. If the thing does not work, as for a refund. You are the 2nd person today to start a thread about this piece of software so, maybe it ain't you.

I got BBAlarmsPro (for free) but I am glad that I did not pay for it because it did not work when the phone was switched off like the BklackBerry alarm does.
    Last edited by Pete6; 09-25-08 at 01:17 PM.
    09-25-08 01:12 PM
    Of course I know that, Pete.

I am multitasking CB and work right now and I just stuck this in the Curve section without thinking...

At any rate, I was honestly hoping to avoid ditching the program due to non-function... I would really like it to work.
    09-25-08 01:17 PM
    Of course I know that, Pete.

I am multitasking CB and work right now and I just stuck this in the Curve section without thinking...

At any rate, I was honestly hoping to avoid ditching the program due to non-function... I would really like it to work.
    Figured ya would.
    09-25-08 01:22 PM
    Jenay, I just downloaded it yesterday, and it has been working great. I'm at the dr with my son right now, but when I get home I'll post up my screenshots with my settings. Maybe that will help. Could be I've got something checked off that you don't?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 01:53 PM
    I as well Downloaded it Yesterday and so far it is working Fine for me so far !
    09-25-08 02:19 PM
    I've got it running on mine, but I can't get it to change the led for a missed PIN, but everything else seems to work fine, even on the default settings.
    09-25-08 02:24 PM

ok, here's how i've got mine set up. the first 2 are the same screen, but i couldnt get all of it on one screenshot. hope it helps.
    09-25-08 03:25 PM
    Ok, the first suggestion is just absolutely obvious and I know you are smart enough to know this... I always like to start simple though

The program is running in the background, correct? If you go to Menu > Switch Application, it is listed? I know when I open the program and close it, sometimes it kills the process and it won't work then. If that is the case, I always just soft reset.

Second, my settings are:

Audio Type: Profile
    Alert Repeat Frequency: None
    Color Scheme: User Defined

and the rest is all obvious; desired colors, notification you want, etc.

Anyways, that is the best I got for you. Hope you figure this one out.

-Grand
    09-25-08 03:38 PM
    Thank you guys, especially cobra.

The application is indeed running, as my indicator for emails is green now. However, all other alerts remain standard red. All my settings are exactly like cobra's.

09-25-08 03:47 PM
    hmmmm, really sorry to hear that. its really a neat program too.
    09-25-08 03:49 PM
    hmmmm, really sorry to hear that. its really a neat program too.
    Sure, rub it in.

09-25-08 03:51 PM
    ooops! hehe
    09-25-08 03:51 PM
    Well i just bought it and downloaded it, i am getting ready to leave work now and will set it up when i get home. I will report back if I have any issues either...
    09-25-08 04:49 PM
    Thanks SD.
    09-25-08 04:50 PM
    Thanks SD.
    Of course Nay Nay...
    09-25-08 04:57 PM
    Of course Nay Nay...
    Lol.... All my friends and family call me that.... Sheesh.
    09-25-08 05:01 PM
    Thank you guys, especially cobra.

The application is indeed running, as my indicator for emails is green now. However, all other alerts remain standard red. All my settings are exactly like cobra's.
    Have you checked the application permissions?
    Last edited by Shao128; 09-25-08 at 06:14 PM.
    09-25-08 06:11 PM
    I am in the same boat as you right now Jenay. Same problem, something is up.

09-25-08 06:46 PM
    Grrrr!!

09-25-08 06:49 PM
    Same thing here. It worked before then I uninstalled it when I was trying Alert Matrix. I reinstalled it now the LED won't change colors for different events like it's supposed to.

09-25-08 06:52 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD