Hi there , i changed my password on Gmail , tried to access my Bb account forgot password (i had it sent to me ) was wondering how long is the locked out period ?
    10-05-08 12:06 PM
    The lock out period is until you remember the correct password, or type in the wrong password 10 times.

After 10 times you are prompted to type in Blackberry and then it proceeds to wipe out all of the personal data on the Blackberry. Pretty much putting it back to the way it was brand new, out of the box.

So if you had your BB password sent to you, hopefully it was sent to you in a way you can read it and not to the BB.

I know this is too late, but write those passwords down and put them some places safe that you can access them without much hassle (under your mattress is a good place).
    10-05-08 12:39 PM
    Hi there , i changed my password on Gmail , tried to access my Bb account forgot password (i had it sent to me ) was wondering how long is the locked out period ?
    Just to clarify: are you locked out of your blackberry device or are you locked out of your gmail account only?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 12:43 PM
    If you changed your gmail password you will also have to update that using your carriers BIS settings.

i've never done it. You may be able to change it using the email setup on the phone.

i'm sure someone on here will come along with specifics!

10-05-08 12:51 PM
    just the blackberry account , the place that i go in order to edit email accounts; i called sprint and they reset password on EMAIL aacount , but still locked out on BB acount
    10-05-08 12:51 PM
    Your carrier should have been able to reset the BIS password as well. THey should check to see if the account became suspended, which they can fix as well. Not sure about BIS lockouts, but I know with most VZW systems it is 20 minutes
    10-05-08 12:57 PM
    Thanks i''l give them a call
    10-05-08 01:08 PM
    Hope you get it all fixed!

10-05-08 03:41 PM
    I just got locked dout of fido.blackberry.com BIS server and Fido told me to call Blackberry.

Not sure how long the lockout defaults to but Im on hold with Blackberry right now and they are trying to send me back to fido.
    01-09-13 03:05 PM
    Called fido and they had t unlock the account
    01-10-13 06:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD