I currently have Verizon which has really clear calls. However it's very pricey and I sometimes wonder if I ever get into a bind (hopefully not) if I could afford this phone. I use to be a At&t customer for 5 yrs but service started to decline. However for the most part I like verizon but everything so much more expensive, and the blackberry features are limited which are not on At&T
    01-15-09 06:46 AM
    Verizon. You get what you pay for in my eyes. I've had both also. I prefer Verizon. It is a bit pricey. The customer service sometimes sucks but I'll stick with them. I have bars and 3G everywhere I go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 06:51 AM
    I had the curve on the ATT network and was not happy with the service. I dropped many calls and found myself without bars in may places where people with verizon had 3 or 4. The old saying "you get what you pay for" holds true. Im now with verizon and couldnt be happier with my service.
    01-15-09 06:58 AM
    I guess I just want to be sure before I am locked into my plan. I like verizon but just feel it has not caught up yet, and it's a little pricey. I came to verizon for the storm and have now went back to the curve I have been using for two years. I really want a updated phone also
    01-15-09 07:04 AM
    I've had TMO since before there was TMO. There service is good and the rates are reasonable. No reason I would change to another carrier.
    01-15-09 07:48 AM
    I've been with Verizon for 5 1/2 years. I switched from Sprint, who I had service with for almost 4 years. I live in Northern Virginia (Washington, D.C. metro area) and started having trouble with low signal strength and dropped calls when I moved within the area. The same areas with Verizon provided much better service. Before switching to Verizon I tried Voicestream Wireless (now T-Mobile) and they were worse than Sprint. The call sound quality left something to be desired as well.

I've been very satisfied with Verizon and the customer service has always been very good too. I agree with the others...you get what you pay for.
    01-15-09 08:10 AM
    I am really happy with my sprint service. I have had sprint for 3 years and their data service here in Kansas is really speedy. Call quality is there and the plans are really reasonable. Plus I am really likin my blackberry but I guess that's an understatement on this website
    01-15-09 08:14 AM
    What's pricier about VZW? The BB data plan is the same price as most major carriers.

What BB features are limited on VZW? GPS is the only thing locked by VZW.
    01-15-09 08:14 AM
    Verizon. i travel a lot and have great coverage.

Also the vzw 8330 has more memory!

01-15-09 08:25 AM
    What's pricier about VZW? The BB data plan is the same price as most major carriers.

What BB features are limited on VZW? GPS is the only thing locked by VZW.
    The price of talk time is significantly more when compared to a company like sprint or t-mobile. The data plan is around the same price yes, but does not come with any messaging service. That has to be added on separately which adds to the cost.

Let's also not forget that verizon has no plan that can even compare to sprint's 99 dollar a month simply everything plan. Getting the same deal with all the same features on verizon would run you at least 30 dollars extra.

01-15-09 08:59 AM
    I've been with Verizon for almost 6 years and before that Bell Atlantic Mobile (now VZW) back in the late 90's. My coverage has always been better than anybody with another carrier that I knew. As far as being pricey, I don't notice considering I get a considerable discount through my employer. The only bad thing I've had to say about VZW is their phones were well behind everybody else, especially AT&T, however that's not the case anymore. My roommate's Sprint phone drops calls left and right in our house.
    01-15-09 09:10 AM
    I can't comment on Verizon because I've never used them. Every review I've read gives them the best rating though.

I've had T-mobile for 8 years now and the only complaint I have is their choice in mobile devices (the lack of), mainly BB's. Their customer service is great and their cell service has never let me down. Their data plans are top notch and the WiFi calling at home has saved me a great deal of money.

Before I had T-Mobile I had AT&T. Granted it's been 8 years and I hope they've cleaned their act up but, it would take a considerable amount of bribery to get me back onto their service.

Just my 2 cents...
    01-15-09 09:12 AM
    The price of talk time is significantly more when compared to a company like sprint or t-mobile. The data plan is around the same price yes, but does not come with any messaging service. That has to be added on separately which adds to the cost.

Let's also not forget that verizon has no plan that can even compare to sprint's 99 dollar a month simply everything plan. Getting the same deal with all the same features on verizon would run you at least 30 dollars extra.
    I think it depends on where you will be using the services; if another carrier costs less and you can get the same quality of service, it makes sense to choose the less expensive one. I found Verizon had the best quality when I switched years ago. Things may have changed over time, as the signal strength in my house has actually gotten stronger with Verizon in the last year or so, but I don't plan to shop around. Most of the people I talk to also have Verizon, so if I were to switch, I would end up paying more with most carriers, as I would need to significantly increase my voice plan.
    01-15-09 09:14 AM
    I prefer the Alltel service which I currently have. Of course it is technically Verizon now, but it will be a while before we're all converted. It's not as good as the unlimited Sprint plan, but I have the $89.99 Smartchoice plan that has the 500 minutes, 7 pm nights, unlimited m2m & n&w, the 10 my circle numbers, unlimited text and data. With the circle it's like having unlimited minutes since I've not used over 150 anytime minutes in probably 2 years and I share the plan with a family member. I have great service and have enjoyed good customer service locally since 1998. I'm sure I'll like my service with Verizon, but my monthly bill will be slightly more. I have the option of using Sprint through a family member that works there. I can get a BB with 1500 minutes, 7pm nights, unlimited text, data, basic tv & radio, etc. for $75 per month, but for some reason in my market the Sprint phones will not EVDO roam on Alltel even though they have the mutual agreement. Plus I can't get a local number through Sprint so I have decided to stay with Alltel/Verizon for the time being.
    01-15-09 09:14 AM

Sprint - You get what you pay for.
    01-15-09 09:17 AM
    Very pleased with US Cellular since summer '08.

Had Verizon for YEARS but had a number of dead zones in busy areas that they were not willing to acknowledge.

Had AT&T as a work phone and if I didn't have my personal phone I would never had gotten through the day, poor coverage.

For a great combination of coverage and fair price, I'm sticking with USC, even though they may not get the latest and greatest equipment first!
    01-15-09 11:25 AM
    Very pleased with US Cellular since summer '08.

Had Verizon for YEARS but had a number of dead zones in busy areas that they were not willing to acknowledge.

Had AT&T as a work phone and if I didn't have my personal phone I would never had gotten through the day, poor coverage.

For a great combination of coverage and fair price, I'm sticking with USC, even though they may not get the latest and greatest equipment first!
    I concur with this assesment. I as well have US Cellular, and it's a fantastic company. BIS data package $24.99, plus every plan has free incoming calls & free income txt and picture messages. I believe that their plans are slightly lower in price than ATT and VZW. Can't really complain about the coverage area either, they have agreements with other carriers to use their towers, so if you go out of a designated USCC coverage area, you'll kick to digital roaming, but USCC doesn't charge you any roaming charges on their national plans, so it really doesn't matter! Plus, their customer service is top notch, better than any other company i've ever had to deal with. Sprint customer service is the worst of any company ever, even worse than the cable company (charter communications around here). My brother has VZW (not a BB user tho) and he loves that company, swears by it. I read on here that USCC partners with VZW to use their towers... I know that I've almost always got great service wherever I am with USCC, and Data works when on roam. My other buddies have ATT, and they are always frustrated with the service issues, say they never have signal (they don't have BB either). Just my opinion, but USCC is definately the way to go. only down side is that it takes them forever to get new phones, but I'm a Curve fanatic, so I'm happy with my 8330! Good Luck!!
    01-15-09 11:53 AM
    Sprint!!!

Cheap plans, excellent coverage, fast data........what's not to love?
    01-15-09 11:56 AM
    There are so many variables that go with answering questions
    like this but here goes:

AT&T

Excellent coverage, Good rate plans, Fantastic customer service.
    I have been an AT&T customer since my first phone almost 10
    years ago.
    01-15-09 12:08 PM
    Sprint - You get what you pay for.
    Yep. I get excellent service, no dropped calls, 3G data speeds, extensive national coverage area with plenty of roaming agreements, great local coverage, all at a price that I can afford. On top of that sprint works with us people with bad credit and don't require huge deposits to get service. Verizon wanted 400 dollars from me to get service. I only had to pay 150 with sprint.

But it disgress, pick the carrier that's right for you. Verizon works well for a lot of people. I just don't want to pay a premium when I get just as good of service at sprint.

01-15-09 12:13 PM
    Of course everyone picks the carrier that they currently have.
    01-15-09 12:36 PM
    I have Sprint and I love them...I can hear great on my phone and dont have any dropped calls.
    Most importantly, I love my BB plan which is 30.00 unlimited data and texts.
    01-15-09 02:38 PM
    I prefer the Alltel service which I currently have. Of course it is technically Verizon now, but it will be a while before we're all converted. It's not as good as the unlimited Sprint plan, but I have the $89.99 Smartchoice plan that has the 500 minutes, 7 pm nights, unlimited m2m & n&w, the 10 my circle numbers, unlimited text and data. With the circle it's like having unlimited minutes since I've not used over 150 anytime minutes in probably 2 years and I share the plan with a family member. I have great service and have enjoyed good customer service locally since 1998. I'm sure I'll like my service with Verizon, but my monthly bill will be slightly more. I have the option of using Sprint through a family member that works there. I can get a BB with 1500 minutes, 7pm nights, unlimited text, data, basic tv & radio, etc. for $75 per month, but for some reason in my market the Sprint phones will not EVDO roam on Alltel even though they have the mutual agreement. Plus I can't get a local number through Sprint so I have decided to stay with Alltel/Verizon for the time being.
    I thought I was the only person that preferred alltel's service. I started with suncom----now tmobile--- which was horrible so I switched to alltel. I have no problems with my service. My hubbie and I have blackberries and son has regular phone. So we plan to stick it out until our contracts end to decide which carrier to go to

01-15-09 03:25 PM
    verzion hands down.
    01-15-09 03:26 PM
    I think a lot of it has to do with where you live, where you go and what your expectations are.

Out west, I'd not have anyone other than VZW or Alltel, unless I spent all my time in a metro area or within the western California/I-5 corridor. Out here, Sprint is horrible. Their towers are concentrated along Interstate highways. Get off those and watch the service degrade quickly. In the recent past, Sprint has actually dropped roaming time on towers & not replaced it. What was once class-leading customer service is now no longer even close. Their prices should be less than half that of VZW because in my area, they cover less than half the state. T-Mo has very good customer service and I have three of my youngest on T-Mo. They are also reasonable. But the limited coverage and low 3G areas is becoming an issue for us. This year I am moving their service to VZW. AT&T seems to have lost the old mantra of universal service. Out here, there are gaping holes in their areas and it seems like much of their area is lacking 3G. Their areas are centered on the metro areas, but fringes still are lacking good coverage.

When we go camping in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado & Utah with friends, we notice an interesting phenomenon. T-Mo usually goes dead first. If not T-Mo, it is Sprint. Then AT&T vanishes, even though the VZW phones often still have data signals. If the VZW phones fade, no one has had coverage in awhile anyway.

Getting into Montana, Wyoming or the Dakotas, it is even worse.

So, if you spend all your time in Jersey or Chicagoland or Los Angeles, or travel on freeways everywhere, you have a wide choice.
    If you're like me and having to locate cell towers in Strawberry or Silver City or Why or Fredonia, the choice is clear. VZW.

01-15-09 04:14 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD