This is near uselessly sloooooowww how long loading even simple web pages like yahoo mail, searches, facebook, this forum, any takes on my bb 8330 curve! Why?

Takes often around 1 - 5 minutes just to load the page, then another super looooong wait for it to pprocess any command on page to go to next ppage.

Why and when or where is a fix for this? It makes it pretty much useless for web, and most definitely not an asset to productivity.
    10-08-09 12:30 PM
    im not sure you seem to be having an actual problem my wap browser has never been that slow. i use bolt browser for larger web pages, they look good just smaller. try that the new version is super fast for a mobile browser.
    10-08-09 12:37 PM
    Go with Bolt. It seems to be a lot faster to me. The only down side is the pages can be tough to read and navigate. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 12:57 PM
    Yeah it seems like your phone is toast. The new versiob of bolt works great especially on mobile sites

10-08-09 02:49 PM
    The problem is not the BlackBerry, possibly YOUR particular phone could have something wrong in it, or it's the area your in or the service you got. I just use the regular BB Browser that my phone came with two weeks ago, I haven't upgraded to anything or installed any new browsers on my phone.... My BB Browser is faster then ****, I'm on sprint as well and have the curve 8330, mobile sites look beautiful and are extremely quick to load, even full HTML is very time effective. I love it and couldn't ask for a better phone.
    10-08-09 03:38 PM
    The opera is faster, though not super fast by any means.

I just bought this phone one week ago new from best buy.

Updated to os 4.5 .

10-08-09 06:52 PM
    Try a hybrid if you are comfortable loading them or reinstall your os and use shrink a os or bbsak to take off the fat. There's also the beta 5.0 os out there. If that's too much change your browser settings so only the basic stuff loads. They are all worth a try

10-08-09 07:03 PM
    With my Curve 8330, it takes 2+ minutes (often times timing out) to load pages when I'm at home and > 1 minute when I'm at work. Therefore, it's seems to me that it's a signal strength issue. Also the browser becomes more responsive after cleaning browser cookies and cache.
    10-10-09 08:17 PM
    I have 2 8330s. My personal berry came with the latest OS and it has a lot of bugs. The browser is slow and it hangs a lot. The one for work is running the previous OS and actually is quicker. I loaded Opera on my personal BB just to fix the annoying Sprint signature. That worked and Opera is navigating the web better. Crackberry is also easier to navigate. I'm only a couple of hours into this experiment so I haven't seen the downside yet.
    10-11-09 01:47 PM
    Are you leaving apps running by not closing them out properly? Do you have apps accessing the net while you are surfing? Are you going to the mobile sites instead of the standard web pages? example m.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD