have a friend who just got a replacement 8330 because she wasnt getting a alert sound when a new message was coming in. we did a total replacement of all apps and settings of the old to the new phone and all was good. well today the same thing happened to the new phone. i suggested it was a bad app but she said she hasent down loaded anything (oh this started a month ago) well i know she has down loaded apps but bla bla bla. when she does a batt pull all alert sounds work but after a while this starts up again, any suggestions or has this happened to anybody?

thanks
    04-03-10 10:47 PM
    04-04-10 11:00 AM
    it's also happening to me now. i bought my bb8520 yesterday. It was working fine but then after few hours, i noticed that alert tones for sms/mms/email are not functioning already. But there is alert tones for phone calls. When I turn off the phone and remove the battery, it worked well again. But then after few hours, sms tones were gone again. HELP us please? is there a problem with the phone itself?
    04-13-10 10:59 AM
    I have also been having this problem for a few days on my 8330. I have resent my service books and checked all my alerts to make sure they were correct, and that the profile is correct and I will still not hear any tones or feel vibrations. Honestly, it feels like the alerts work whenever they feel like it inexplicably.
    04-13-10 06:18 PM
    no i didnt but thank you for your help
    04-13-10 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD